December 28th, 2012
10 months ago

Video: Top 10 political moments of 2012

CNN's Candy Crowley counts down the top ten political moments of 2012.

Filed under: 2012
  1. Rudy NYC

My top moment was "horses and bayonettes". In the span of that single moment, everything changed to a new perspective.

December 28, 2012 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  2. BlkPwr817

My favorite moment was seeing Karl Rove trying to find additional electoral vote for Mitt Romney live on Faux...lol Dont forget to carry the 1 karl...lol

Losers!

December 28, 2012 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  3. Sheila

there were so many of them, I'm not sure which one is my fav. romney's 47% to the binders full of us women . lol .

December 28, 2012 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  4. Lynda/Minnesota

The "mighty" Rush Limbaugh and his golden microphone ... trounced by a "modern" woman young enough to be his daughter. Now that was impressive. My top moment, though, was after the election when Tagg Romney chose to explain to Mr. Mittens supporters and donors (in a moment of deep retrospection) that his dad had spent two elections cycles; nearly a billion in campaign dollars; and hundreds of outright lies ... well, to put it simply - because Mitt Romney had never really wanted to become President of the United States from the get-go.

Please proceed, GOPers.

December 28, 2012 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  5. Donna

December 28, 2012 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  6. Sheila

oh Lynda ! you kill me ! lol – when i read that a few weeks ago or so , ( from the "Tagg" ) I thought I heard it all. That was the ultimate gift to the repos. lol .

December 28, 2012 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  7. Chipster

The worst political moment for me was when the Right Wing-nut entertainers got away with convincing so many Americans that Sandra Fluke demanded "free" contraception for her lurid sex-capades. It revealed just how much power the media has because their viewers don't bother to read, listen, or learn anything but what they are spoon-fed by these purveyors of lies. There should be some sort of "truth in reporting" required. Ms. Fluke never spoke about her personal activities. Students and employees at Georgetown University (a secular business, not a religious organization) PAY for their insurance. Ms. Fluke was advocating for their insurance to cover legal medications that are used for many treatments as well as preventing pregnancy. HOW does the right wingnut industry get away with such lies and deception? They should have been derided and laughed out of town!

December 28, 2012 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  8. callmecrazy

I think the most profound political thing was the amount of money spent to try to get Romney elected and it was all went down the toilet. It shows how fiscally responsible republicans can be.

December 28, 2012 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  9. Chipster

And there you go with a perfect example of what I meant:
    Donna
    "OH LOOK!! It's the 30 year professional student that wants the tax payers to pay for her birth control and abortion pills!!! A role model for all single government dependent women of the 21st century. gag....:

OH LOOK, Donna! Fluke asked for students and employees to get legal medical care & prescriptions in return for the PREMIUMS THAT THEY PAY! Their insurance is NOT FREE at Georgetown U. In fact, it's quite expensive. You just revealed that you never listened to what she said, nor did you ever read a transcript. You just regurgitated what the right wing entertainers fed to you! HERE'S YOUR SIGN . . . . . .

December 28, 2012 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  10. Christopher Alvin

The union of Kenya's PM Raila Odinga and VP Kalonzo Musyoka to vie for Presidency&Deputy presidency on CORD ticket.

December 28, 2012 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  11. Sheila

oh Lynda ! you kill me ! lol – when i read that a few weeks ago or so , ( from the "Tagg" ) I thought I heard it all. That was the ultimate gift to us dems. lol .

December 28, 2012 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  12. TomNPitt

The look on Romney's face when Candy Crowley pointed out that Obama did say it was terrorists, after he baited him into saying it over and over again! Beautiful!!

December 28, 2012 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  13. Lynda/Minnesota

"How can people not see that?? Really??"

Oh, they see it. They are holding jobs hostage as revenge against those they perceive to be Obama supporters. It's their hate speaking ... not their common sense.

@Sheila - can you imagine what would have happened had Romney actually been voted in? And, oh, yes. I agree Romney was the ultimate gift ... and just like the Energizer Bunny ... he kept going (giving) and going (giving) and going (giving). It's going to take YEARS before GOPers fully understand the damage Mitt Romney caused their beloved party.

December 28, 2012 01:05 pm at 1:05 pm |
  14. ST

My worst moment was the time watching the media playing and twisting numbers, trying to convince people that the electoral vote will be a tie – 269 (for each candidate). They used a lot of their time to figure out how to add up and get the number. They went on to explain: it will be the House who will choose the President. This disturbed me a lot. I could not imagine that people can fail to pick their leader and let the most dysfunctional GOP congress in history to do it on behalf of everybody.

December 28, 2012 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  15. Darla (Edmonton, Canada)

The "please proceed" moment in the second debate was the moment when Mitt Romney lost any chance he might have had to win the election. A perfect example of giving someone enough rope and he'll end up swinging in the political (and public opinion) breeze.

December 28, 2012 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  16. Rudy NYC

If no one else will do it, then I wlll. My 2nd favorite moment was Candy correcting Mitt Romney during the debate. Thanks, Mitt needed that.

December 28, 2012 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |