January 21st, 2013

Biden on Obama at start of second term: 'In simpatico'

Washington (CNN) - After four years in which he has alternately helped - and miffed - the White House, Vice President Joe Biden told CNN that his role as the deal-closer is clearly his most comfortable yet.

"I have spent a lot of time in this town. And I have personal relationships with people I strongly disagree with, but there's trust. And so I'm a logical person, a logical person to, as they say or you guys say, close the deal," Biden told CNN Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger in an exclusive pre-inaugural interview.

Watch CNN's comprehensive coverage of President Barack Obama's second inauguration on CNN TV and follow online at CNN.com or via CNN's apps for iPhone, iPad and Android. Follow our real-time Inauguration Day live blog at cnn.com/conversation. Need other reasons to watch inauguration coverage on CNN's platforms? Click here for our list.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Moose

How about closing these deals, unemployment is where it was 4 years ago, not moving ahead,
    gas is double what it was, deficet is thru the roof, this two goofs are like the first guy who strikes out in the last ining and says it wasnt his fault

January 21, 2013 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  2. DENNA

God bless our first and second families, the Obama and Biden families. Today has been one of unbelievable pride. To see all of those wonderful people from all over America coming to see the POTUS, FLOTUS and the Bidens was wonderful. Hate him if you insist, but Barack Obama's presidency has brought decent, like-minded people together, to the utter disgust of the racists in America. Welcome to the new America, where EVERYONE counts and everyone can be someone. Dr. King must be smiling down from heaven today. I know I can't stop smiling.

January 21, 2013 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  3. Ray E. (Georgia)

Deal Closer?, Aw yes I remember now. Come into my house said the Spider to the Fly.

January 21, 2013 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  4. DENNA

LOL. I just thought about Karl Rove. I wonder where he is today? Probably curled up in a ball somewhere, weeping. I'm enjoying watching our President rolling along at the head of the parade in the "Beast" heading up the parade. When he's done with that care, I would love to borrow it. :-)

January 21, 2013 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  5. Rudy NYC

Hey, Moose. I'm gonna try to enjoy the next four years, instead of giving myself ulcers and high blood pressure worrying and fretting over things that cannot be changed.

January 21, 2013 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  6. 2012liberal

Did u hear joe scarbrou step outside the bubble on meet the press sunday and admited that rethugs hv stacked the deck with gerrymadnering. Cant win unless they cheat. Not so funny. I aint laughing b cuz that is just step 1. Gop gov with gop lead state r considering split electorial college votes.

January 21, 2013 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  7. Wake up People!

Very, very well said Denna!! I'm smiling too!

January 21, 2013 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  8. Squigman

Maybe in the next four years we (the people), can rise above the minions of talk radio and Faux News. We have to put the negative republican rhetoric behind us, and do so in a way that the purveyors of this nonsense are silenced once and for all. The leadership years from 2000-to-2008, virtually ruined the nation, and the followers of the morons of this generation are still intent on their voice being heard. It's a shame. They need to be left behind once and for all.

January 21, 2013 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  9. Ken

Hey Moose!! – "unemployment is where it was 4 years ago"

Have you been asleep for the last four years or do you simply refuse to be informed about current events??

January 21, 2013 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  10. don in albuquerque

Hey Meese! In the words of another great Dem President-"We welcome your hate. (paraphrase)" Congrats Mr. Predisent.

January 21, 2013 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  11. deutsche001

@moose....
    Fantasize much? Or just make stuff up, where did you get your data from?

January 21, 2013 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  12. Pat

Rudy, correct me if im wrong but is there anybody who likes new yorkers ?? i dont think new yorkers even like other new yorkers LOL !!!!

January 21, 2013 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  13. Moose

@Rudy, enjoy the weather and taxes in the nanny state

January 21, 2013 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |