February 12th, 2013
1 year ago

'Butt naked' Nugent declares 'I will remain respectful' during SOTU

Washington (CNN) – Outspoken gun rights activist Ted Nugent promised to behave himself as he arrived on Capitol Hill for Tuesday's State of the Union address.

The one-time rock star and high profile National Rifle Association member will be watching President Obama's remarks from the House Gallery as the guest of Congressman Steve Stockman, R-TX.

Nugent, who is expected to deliver his own reaction to the State of the Union on behalf of gun owners following the president's address, noted he was unarmed after making his way through security at the Cannon House office building.

"I'm butt naked. I've never been so naked before in all my life," Nugent said in pointing out he was not carrying a concealed weapon. "If something happens you're gonna have to call somebody else because I can't do squat to help you right now."

Known for his controversial remarks about President Obama's support for stricter gun control measures, Nugent vowed to keep "a straight face" during the State of the Union Address.

"I already know where the president stands and his deceit and his scam. I will remain respectful in the decorum department," Nugent said. "I'm so sweet I can hardly stand myself," he added.

Last year, U.S Secret Service agents visited Nugent after his comments on the presidential race.

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said at a National Rifle Association conference last April.

Nugent later said he meant no harm by the remark.

Asked about his controversial prediction, Nugent quipped, "We got another couple of weeks to go here."

1. Cam Spurgeon

2014 is coming. Get ready to vote.Thats the only thing the wackos will listen to !

February 12, 2013 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  2. Woman In California

This is just another low class, sneaky tactic for the gop to tell the president they disrespect him. It's also another way for the American people to remember to vote these terriorists out in 2014.

February 12, 2013 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  3. CAWinMD

I sense another "You lie!" moment coming on...

February 12, 2013 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  4. yani

high five @ Judi

February 12, 2013 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  5. ga.democrat

Steve Stockman is a disgrace to this country and just another example of why the GOP is a disaster. He should take his +1 and head back under the rock he crawled out from.

February 12, 2013 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  6. Maria Rivera-Carvalho

How embarassing must be being a Republican right now!!! When you think they have finally hit rock bottom the go further down.

February 12, 2013 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  7. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

I'll believe it after the address is complete. I wonder if he can keep his mouth shut. He may tweet his butt, but that shouldn't be a huge surprise.

February 12, 2013 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  8. brian

ted for president,

February 12, 2013 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  9. brian

here we go again.... ted not going to vietnam....how many did not want to go and how many did not go.....a hell of a lot, at least he didn't go to canada like so many others.....were you people even alive when the vietnam war was going on....probably not, you just hate nugent......you libs have all of hollywood to support your lib policies and we have ted nugent and all i ever hear is how ted nugent is so horrible, us republicans do not hate any of hollywood libs as you do nugent....why are you so scared of nugent......you know your mommy and daddy used to groove to old teds hard rockin music back in the day and they adored him

February 12, 2013 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |