February 12th, 2013

'Butt naked' Nugent declares 'I will remain respectful' during SOTU

Washington (CNN) – Outspoken gun rights activist Ted Nugent promised to behave himself as he arrived on Capitol Hill for Tuesday's State of the Union address.

The one-time rock star and high profile National Rifle Association member will be watching President Obama's remarks from the House Gallery as the guest of Congressman Steve Stockman, R-TX.

Nugent, who is expected to deliver his own reaction to the State of the Union on behalf of gun owners following the president's address, noted he was unarmed after making his way through security at the Cannon House office building.

"I'm butt naked. I've never been so naked before in all my life," Nugent said in pointing out he was not carrying a concealed weapon. "If something happens you're gonna have to call somebody else because I can't do squat to help you right now."

Known for his controversial remarks about President Obama's support for stricter gun control measures, Nugent vowed to keep "a straight face" during the State of the Union Address.

"I already know where the president stands and his deceit and his scam. I will remain respectful in the decorum department," Nugent said. "I'm so sweet I can hardly stand myself," he added.

Last year, U.S Secret Service agents visited Nugent after his comments on the presidential race.

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said at a National Rifle Association conference last April.

Nugent later said he meant no harm by the remark.

Asked about his controversial prediction, Nugent quipped, "We got another couple of weeks to go here."

1. jkane sfl the gop national disgrace party will be swept out like the trash they are in2014 ?

Just remember this gop poster child and the likes of Donald dump and rincmy penis ,rnc chairwoman when your going to cast your next vote, dems all the way ,no brainer .

February 12, 2013 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  2. rs

The Republican Party and Ted Nugent- it says it all- Crazy AND stupid.

February 12, 2013 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  3. Sally

Ted Nugent is obscene and Steve Stockman has absolutely no right to be in the US House.

February 12, 2013 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  4. Facts don't Lie

aww come on Teddy..act a fool so the GOP and Stockman can show their (BLEEP) for inviting you in the first place. Get up in the middle and tell the president what he can do to your rifle muzzle again so the entire world can hear it. Stockman has just shown he is another moron from the great red state where I happen to work and live in along with the likes of Gomhert. DeLay, Cruz and of course Rick Perry. I left out GW Bush because he is smarter than ALL of them put together and has more class.

February 12, 2013 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  5. The REAL Truth...

Hey! Maybe he can get his "empty chair" buddy next to his empty head!

February 12, 2013 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  6. Allen Hussein

I hope the Secret Service did a full cavity search on this clown and parks one of their officers next to him during the whole time he is in the Congressional building.

February 12, 2013 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  7. Sniffit

"'Butt naked' Nugent declares 'I will remain respectful' during SOTU"

Of course he will. His mere presence is intended to be insult enough.

February 12, 2013 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  8. david Curry

What I don't understand is why anyone pays any attention to this uneducated, draft-dodging, hypocritical has-been? What's he ever done, besides "messin' in his britches" (as my grandmother would say), to merit any attention from anyone with an IQ more than 50? It's not like he can form a coherent thought.

February 12, 2013 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  9. plain&simple

The clown act remains as long as people vote tea party. The best thing that this does is let the sane,rational,intelligent voters of all parties see the idiocy of the fringe! The motivation for 2014 elections will be high and apathy will not apply. Politics will soon feature 3 parties...democrats,republicans and the crazy tea party!

February 12, 2013 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  10. slong67

Why would they let this ignorant redneck anywhere near the State of the union address. He should be put in jail for his outrageous stupid comments and be made an example of.

February 12, 2013 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  11. Martha in CF

You are still a loser. You should be sitting in jail with the threats that have come out of your mouth. I hope the Secret Service is sitting right by Mr. Nugent tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 12, 2013 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  12. kayla

birds of a feather, flock together. i rest my case.

February 12, 2013 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  13. Randy, San Francisco

Homeland security should put Nugent on the NO FLY list as a domestic terrorist.

February 12, 2013 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  14. Judi Powell

If this is the best the GOP can come up with....besides Palin, Steele, Cain, and now Rubio..........it's pathetic.

February 12, 2013 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  15. Just Saying

Just another GI Joe wanna be. Didn't have the ba!!s to join the real military and fight like a man, but has to have his military camo and guns now to feel like one. Wow – he can shoot unarmed animals. I so not impressed! What a waste of human flesh. Not a mention a good seat.

February 12, 2013 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  16. Ancient Texan

February 12, 2013 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  17. CryBabies

Good for you Ted...Cat Scratch Fever!

February 12, 2013 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  18. CryBabies

Slong 67 & Marta in CF...Spoken like true haters of free speech...Imagine leftwingers advocating that feedom of speech only should exist when what is said doesn't contradict their own thoughts!

February 12, 2013 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  19. Mikey

@Ancient Texan – "Sally- If Obama can be in the White House, then Stockman can be in the U.S. House."
    ***********************************************************
    Yes, because they were both duly elected. President Obama is one of only three presidents in the last century to receive over 51% of the vote twice. He won by margins of 7 million and 5 million votes. His two inaugurations were the highest and third highest attended in history – his first being the the highest attended event ever in DC.

It just must drive all you right-wing-nuts crazy – being on the wrong side of history. I feel sorry for you. NOT!!!

February 12, 2013 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  20. Name

He still making a threat. What his going to do in the next two weeks needed to be asked

February 12, 2013 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  21. Thomas

Ted , your the last guy I'd call for help.
    one-time rock star

February 12, 2013 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  22. Romney is Still NOT My Hero

WHY isn't Nuggets dead or in jail? Do we really have to wait until November?

February 12, 2013 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  23. patriot mark

To all who posted above: This is exactly what is wrong with America and the Liberal mindset, absolutely everyone in this country has a right to their opinion, right or wrong. Calling someone by childish names really shows the Liberal intellect in this country. Each and every one of you above is no better than Ted, in fact many of you are worse, far worse. Not one post above has any intelligent arguement or reason for your hate, only childish insults. If you don't like Ted, just don't listen.

February 12, 2013 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  24. ghostriter

And here I thought this fool tried to moon the president. However it is still early.....

February 12, 2013 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  25. gypsydaveywithablowtorch

Gotta love the Republican mentality. It's hard to believe they could get more than 10 percent of the vote anywhere (only in America I guess).

February 12, 2013 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |