Ann Romney considered 'Dancing with the Stars'
March 3rd, 2013

Ann Romney considered 'Dancing with the Stars'

(CNN) - Ann Romney, the wife of former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, confirmed in an interview that she considered an offer to join ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," but ultimately declined.

"I would've loved to have done it, and I am turning 64, and I started thinking about it," she said on "Fox News Sunday." "I'm not really as flexible as I should be."

Romney, who has openly talked about her multiple sclerosis, said she's a big fan of the show but was fully aware of its rigorous training.

"I understand Dorothy Hamill has been picked, and I thought, 'oh, my gosh, am I glad I didn't do that.' I wouldn't want to compete against Dorothy," she said.

The Romneys have largely stayed off the grid since Mitt Romney lost the presidential election in November. The interview that aired Sunday marked the first time either had put themselves back in the national spotlight since Election Day.

Ann Romney also confirmed that she was not approached by the Republican Party to run for the Senate seat left open by Secretary of State John Kerry.

"I think there was a thought that, oh, wouldn't that be fun for Ann to do that," she said. "I'm like, did anyone want to consider how fun it would be for me to do that?"

Her son Tagg, on the other hand, considered a run for the seat but decided against the move, saying last month the timing was not right.

Asked if there was even a possibility that she would run for office, she replied: "Not a chance."

"I'm enjoying life," she said, adding that they're with their grandchildren "constantly" these days, seeing at least one every day.

Filed under: Ann Romney • Mitt Romney
  1. jkane sfl the gop national disgrace party will be swept out like the trash they are in2014 ?

If I was her partner ,I'd step on her foot.

March 3, 2013 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  2. rs

Dancing with the stars? Really? How'd she wind up with a piece of work like Romney then?

March 3, 2013 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  3. Anonymous

That's all good, but she's not any kind of star or celebrity.

March 3, 2013 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  4. Dan

I grew up in the same town as the Romneys. Ann was the most out of touch family member, writing letter to local papers explaining how they know struggles because Mitt once had to sell his fathers stock before he wanted to to finance trips when they was in college. 25 years later, she changed all of her stories around to fit the GOP brand.

March 3, 2013 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  5. chuck

I thought she was soooo sick with MS????? Ya sure>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

March 3, 2013 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  6. Jeff Brown in Jersey

And the right wing has the nerve to attack Mrs. Obama?

March 3, 2013 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  7. Ken

OH, PLEASE! She is as SQUARE and obnoxious as her alexithymic husband. Tagg, too, knew he was better off not trying to run. As if any of the Romneys could ever hold up a candle to War Decoraded, Kerry.

March 3, 2013 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  8. RomneyWho

Why is this news? :(

March 3, 2013 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  9. Woman In California

-–

"I'm like" – so glad you didn't become FLOTUS. Besides being ignorant, greedy, selfish and unAmerican, I find you to be extremely annoying. Ann Romney acts and speaks as a teenage girl. Rolling her eyes and playing the victim instead of growing up and moving on. Please take your phony smile, your stolen millions, your amnesty and your "poor me problems" and disappear.
    Thank you.

Signed a real tax payer and patriot who proudly voted against your existence in the White House.

March 3, 2013 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  10. Name lynn

Anne rommey couldnt help mitt rommey win his election for president, anne let michelle out talk her when it came to her husband obama winning the presidnet sit now ann wants to talk wow.

March 3, 2013 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  11. T

..............with her...DANCIN' HORSE.......................the one with the HUGE TAX LOOPHOLE

March 3, 2013 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  12. bassman

I watched the interview. I'm not a reporter, but the headline should have been Ann Romney knows what Sarah Palin knows. Our media was in the tank for Pres.Obama in 08 and 2012.

March 3, 2013 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  13. Morecattlethanhat

Consider staying home. That way the only people you'll irritate will be the maid and butler.

March 3, 2013 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |