Official: Walmart Foundation head to be tapped as next OMB director
Sylvia Mathews Burwell is the top choice to lead the White House budget office. (Courtesy: Wal-Mart)
March 3rd, 2013

Official: Walmart Foundation head to be tapped as next OMB director

(CNN) – Sylvia Mathews Burwell will be nominated Monday by President Barack Obama to be the director of the Office of Management and Budget, a senior Obama administration official said.

Burwell is currently the head of the Walmart Foundation, the retail chain's charitable organization.

FULL STORY
  1. Randy, San Francisco

Even though Sylvia Burwell comes from the business community, expect obstructionist Republicans/Tea Partiers to object to her nomination.

March 3, 2013 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  2. Name lynn

Obama put someone in the empty sit again look its a female.

March 3, 2013 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  3. Anonymous

Walmart's charitable org...isn't that an oxymoron?

March 3, 2013 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  4. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

I hope that she can do a good job. I wouldn't want to be connected to Wal-Mart. That company needs to have more stuff made here in the US and treat its workers better.

March 3, 2013 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  5. AZWarrior

Well for once I can understand one of his appointments. His budget head brings an extensive background in giving away other people's money. Perfect ... just perfect. :-(

March 3, 2013 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  6. Woman In California

I'll admit everytime I hear the word Wal-Mart, I get upset and angry but I'll hold my judgment on Ms. Burwell for now. I also know there are those who will critize the president's picks no matter who they are just because he picked them and I don't want to have any part of those crazies so carry on Mr. President.

March 3, 2013 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  7. Jan

Stay tuned; Mc Cain will "have further questions and Cruz will "have , here, in his pocket......"

March 4, 2013 05:27 am at 5:27 am |