National Rifle Association to sponsor NASCAR race in Texas
March 4th, 2013
1 year ago

National Rifle Association to sponsor NASCAR race in Texas

(CNN) - The National Rifle Association will sponsor the NASCAR Sprint Cup event in Texas on April 13, Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage announced Monday.

The race will be called the NRA 500 and will be run during prime time.

FULL STORY

Filed under: NRA
  1. Yanni

Gun was missing from car racing now it will be complete. I am sure they will allow carrying a gun to protect people from car parts flying over the fence. Best collaboration ever.

March 4, 2013 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  2. Larry L

The N.R.A. and NASCAR appeal to the same crowd. People who enjoy watching cars go in a circle, while secretly hoping for a crash, are perfect N.R.A. fans. As children are torn apart by high-velocity rounds, then piled up like cord-wood in the morgue, they find a way to consider it a part of their 2nd Amendment rights. Round and round we go...

March 4, 2013 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  3. Larry L

I'm a retired military veteran and my family has lived in Texas since Sam Houston. I'm now watching real estate shows to help me relocate to other places where I'm not ashamed of my State. We have become an intolerant, bigoted, narrow-minded state of religious extremists and right-wing zealots. We are afraid of science and our children are moving backwards in their educational endeavors. Texas is now a state of greedy, ignorant, brainwashed hicks. It's time to move.

March 4, 2013 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  4. Thomas

Thats so low , Guns , God and Gasoline .

March 4, 2013 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |
  5. Name lynn

The people dont care about car races, the people is worried about budgets cuts. get a life people

March 5, 2013 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  6. Vividview

Just another reason not to got. Besides, it boring.

March 5, 2013 01:15 am at 1:15 am |
  7. California

The federal government financially supported the USPS bicycle team with Lance Armstrong on it. A druggie cyclist representing America.

Where's that story bias CNN?

March 5, 2013 01:25 am at 1:25 am |
  8. WALT

I have no problem with guns,I have several guns myself,but no assault weapons.I thank april 13th will be a good day to catch up on my chores.I do like NASCAR,but will skip this one.

March 5, 2013 05:46 am at 5:46 am |
  9. Marie MD

I am more surprised that the nra is NOT part of nascar. The two go together like white on rice! Literally

March 5, 2013 06:30 am at 6:30 am |