Obama invites House budget chiefs to lunch
March 7th, 2013
1 year ago

Obama invites House budget chiefs to lunch

(CNN) - President Barack Obama has invited Rep. Paul Ryan and Rep. Chris Van Hollen to lunch at the White House Thursday, according to a White House official. Ryan chairs the House Budget Committee and Van Hollen is the ranking minority member of the committee.

Filed under: Chris Van Hollen • Paul Ryan • President Obama
  1. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Paul Ryan just proposed another budget and this one happens to be worse than the previous one referred to as the "Ryan Budget."

March 7, 2013 08:11 am at 8:11 am |
  2. yasmine

love my president...always being the adult.... bigger person than I.... I don't know if I could stomach lyin Ryan within my personal space.

March 7, 2013 08:12 am at 8:12 am |
  3. Rudy NYC

I hope that they "run the numbers" on Paul Ryan's budgets. I was appalled last summer when Ryan was questioned about his Ryan Plan. After admitting that his 'plan' would not balance the annual budget for at least 30 years, he was asked what the national debt would be by that time. His answer, "I don't know. I haven't run the the numbers, yet." He came across as a quack

Now Ryan suddenly has a new tax cutting plan that he claims can balance the annual budget in just ten years!

March 7, 2013 08:20 am at 8:20 am |
  4. James Bond

Tough to eat, sitting across from such arrogance. evil rich men, working hard to cut your throat, and spoil the wealthy, inequity is a bad thing, at this level anyway

March 7, 2013 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  5. jkane sfl the gop national disgrace party will be swept out like the trash they are in2014 ?

Ryan and his budget are one of the reasons the gop lost the election and it was rejected by the majority of American voters,the fact he comes back with the same budget shows the gop learned nothing and has not changed one bit and they have no respect for the voters, keep it up , new gop train wreck in 2014 mid terms !!!!

March 7, 2013 08:49 am at 8:49 am |
  6. DC Observer

Don't serve turkey; they'll fight over the drum stick.

March 7, 2013 08:50 am at 8:50 am |
  7. freedom

He's pushed himself into a corner with his narcissism and he has to talk to them now because he's not getting his way – he is also hearing the public disgust with his policies and attitude. Could have been meeting with Ryan before the sequester and the fiscal cliff instead of golfing in Florida and vacationing in Hawaii. This means nothing.

March 7, 2013 09:09 am at 9:09 am |
  8. Samuel L. Harris

It is importanct that the President sit down with Senators and Representatives to talk over policies informally. I am a Democrat, however, the the United Satates of America comes before any Political Parties. I am retired Army, and I wans't mobilized based on Political Parties. I didn't joined the base on Political Parties. I joined the Army because I love this Country and I wanted to give something back.

March 7, 2013 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  9. Jeff Brown in Jersey

I wouldn't invite that sneaky, little weasel anywhere!

March 7, 2013 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  10. Pete

Pres.Obamas giving republicans not only their last meal but their last rites as well..At least he's humane giving republicans some dignity before they go on their long trips home to unemployement and no more ties to Washington thank God!!Republican posters here say your goodbyes cause after midterms your obstructionistic reps in Washington will only be an unpatriotic memory and you know it,pleasant isn't it democrates,independents!!

March 7, 2013 09:45 am at 9:45 am |