Sarah Palin is coming to town
March 12th, 2013

Sarah Palin is coming to town

(CNN) - Do you hear what I hear? Sarah Palin already has Christmas on her mind.

In the upcoming title, "A Happy Holiday IS a Merry Christmas," the former Alaska governor argues the holiday has become too secular because of "the politically correct elite who have hijacked the season," according to a release from the book's publisher, HarperCollins.

Scheduled for a November release, her new book will be out in time for purchase by all holiday shoppers, naughty or nice.

Her book, the publisher states, will make the argument for a more traditional Christmas that emphasizes the Christian theme behind the holiday. Palin will highlight "the importance of preserving Jesus Christ in Christmas," whether that's in public displays, school concerts or pageants. The book will also include personal memories and traditions from the most wonderful time of the year.

The 2008 vice presidential nominee has been known to defend her stance on Christmas in the past. In 2011, Palin blasted President Obama's Christmas card as "odd" on Fox News because it featured the family's dog, Bo, sitting by a fire, rather than prominently displaying values of "family, faith and freedom."

In a statement, Palin said her new book will be a "fun, festive, thought provoking" piece that will encourage readers to "unite in defense of our faith and ignore the politically correct Scrooges who would rather take Christ out of Christmas."

The book follows her two other books, "Going Rogue" (2009) and "America by Heart" (2010).

– CNN's Kevin Bohn and Ashley Killough contributed to this report.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. AMG

If Christmas is a religious holiday for you, then celebrate it that way. No one has hijacked Christmas...that's just stupid! Do you know how many times I'm out shopping that I get told "Happy Holidays"? And do you know what my response is? "Merry Christmas!" I don't work at the store, so I don't have to abide by their rules. No one is stopping me from going to church on Christmas. This woman is just stupid!

March 12, 2013 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  2. John

It is mostly the Jewish people that do not get Chrismas right.
    RIght Sarah?

March 12, 2013 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  3. YoGoGirl

Anything to cover up the chaos in this country. You Liberals are pathetic!

March 12, 2013 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  4. Rodeo Joe

FREEDOM is a Wonderful thing. America is free to CHANGE if they want to. You lost, Palin. Move on, please.

March 12, 2013 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  5. YoGoGirl

Get in your Chevy Volt and go buy a 8oz soda drink you losers!!!

March 12, 2013 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  6. John McDonough

Christians seem to think they own all of the days that fall after the first mall puts up its first Holiday Decoration (Usually the day after Halloween) and that any other religious holidays that fall in that period are useless. I am all for saying Merry Christmas to someone on Christmas Eve or Christmas Eve, but any time before that should be Happy Holidays as there are plenty other holidays recognized around the world that fall into the Christian Christmas holiday season. Why wish someone Merry Christmas on November 1st or even December 1st? Would you say Happy Birthday to someone a month before their birthday?

March 12, 2013 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  7. Former GOPer

Sarah hates anyone who isn't a stupid, white redneck like her!

March 12, 2013 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  8. ncmyk

christmas wasn’t even a major holiday until the 1800s – not even with christians.
    the church holds easter as the most important holiday for christians.
    but thank god for sara palin™ who is here to save something that has lasted 2000 years without her.

March 12, 2013 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  9. Rusty Krus

She looks like she has foul breath!

March 12, 2013 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  10. Serious Malak

There has been a concerted effort to remove the religious aspect of Christmas for several years. It's just a fact. It's really sad that the liberal mindset that suposedly celebrates all matters of "diversity" chooses to try and get rid of Christian traditions just because they are seen as old-fashioned or unpopular. The liberals have (successfully) made speaking positively of Christianity a politically incorrect/intolerant/insensitive act.

March 12, 2013 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  11. Joan

Sarah!!! Who is keeping you from celebrating Chrstmas!!! Give me ther names!!!

March 12, 2013 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  12. NgauHuPhart

The people of this country have told her in the most polite – and impolite ways possible, please just go away...

March 12, 2013 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  13. Andrew

Palin says, "the politically correct elite who have hijacked the season..."

Anyone else get the impression she just strings random words from Fox News together?

March 12, 2013 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  14. meh

Nice hat – did you raid Castros wardrobe – you socialist!
    LOL

March 12, 2013 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  15. Linda Thomas

Yet another example of this self-promoting wannabe without an original or complex thought in her head, terrified of her waning popularity - because then what will she do?

March 12, 2013 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  16. ray

thsi woman is a dunce and a moron at the sane time

March 12, 2013 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  17. 4mofo44

I thought she was dead...just a thought.

March 12, 2013 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  18. jennifer in Houston

She blasted the President's card becuase it didn't display values of family, faith and freedon. I wonder what her card depicts since her family is disfunctional and she allows no freedom in faith..... a shotgun perhaps

March 12, 2013 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  19. Doug

When in gods name will this woman shut up! At long last, has she no sense at all?

March 12, 2013 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  20. Sherri

Wow. She must be broke. I really expected to see her on the upcoming season of Dancing With The Stars.

March 12, 2013 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  21. LivinginVA

If I know the religion of the person I'm talking to, I'll wish them whatever is appropriate, if I don't, I usually default to "Happy Holidays". I have, however, had people glare at me and say "Don't you mean, Merry Christmas?". At that point, I usually smile very nicely and say "No, I actually meant Blessed Solstice, but I try not make the assumption that everyone is celebrating the same holiday I am." (I actually do celebrate Christmas, but I refuse to be "corrected" when I am trying to be inclusive)

March 12, 2013 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  22. LivinginVA

If I know the religion of the person I'm talking to, I'll wish them whatever is appropriate, if I don't, I usually default to "Happy Holidays". I have, however, had people glare at me and say "Don't you mean, Merry Christmas?". At that point, I usually smile very nicely and say "No, I actually meant Blessed Solstice, but I try not to presume that everyone is celebrating the same holiday I am." (I actually do celebrate Christmas, but I refuse to be "corrected" when I am trying to be inclusive)

March 12, 2013 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  23. Jerry

I haven't looked at the CNN website for a long time. So, it is interesting to find that CNN is still mocking Palin. Isn't it time to grow up and report something of value? Please give us back the CNN of old when they had some journalistic integrity.

March 12, 2013 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  24. Thinkergal

Celebrate Christmas in our hearts. All else is trappings and insignificant. Sarah Palinmis an idiot.

March 12, 2013 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  25. Thinkergal

p.s. Not buying her book, even as a joke present.

March 12, 2013 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |