Sarah Palin is coming to town
March 12th, 2013
1 year ago

Sarah Palin is coming to town

(CNN) - Do you hear what I hear? Sarah Palin already has Christmas on her mind.

In the upcoming title, "A Happy Holiday IS a Merry Christmas," the former Alaska governor argues the holiday has become too secular because of "the politically correct elite who have hijacked the season," according to a release from the book's publisher, HarperCollins.

Scheduled for a November release, her new book will be out in time for purchase by all holiday shoppers, naughty or nice.

Her book, the publisher states, will make the argument for a more traditional Christmas that emphasizes the Christian theme behind the holiday. Palin will highlight "the importance of preserving Jesus Christ in Christmas," whether that's in public displays, school concerts or pageants. The book will also include personal memories and traditions from the most wonderful time of the year.

The 2008 vice presidential nominee has been known to defend her stance on Christmas in the past. In 2011, Palin blasted President Obama's Christmas card as "odd" on Fox News because it featured the family's dog, Bo, sitting by a fire, rather than prominently displaying values of "family, faith and freedom."

In a statement, Palin said her new book will be a "fun, festive, thought provoking" piece that will encourage readers to "unite in defense of our faith and ignore the politically correct Scrooges who would rather take Christ out of Christmas."

The book follows her two other books, "Going Rogue" (2009) and "America by Heart" (2010).

– CNN's Kevin Bohn and Ashley Killough contributed to this report.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. beevee

This lady must be one shameless person but I balme the people who keep this worthless person in the spotlight. Just ignore her and do not bother about writing anything about her, good or bad. Then she will fade away for good.

March 12, 2013 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  2. Susan - Canada

I just don't get it....

March 12, 2013 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  3. Rob

When will this clueless clod finally stop getting the attention she doesn't deserve?

March 12, 2013 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  4. Smacky Smooth

OH NO NONO NO!!!! This CANNOT happen! She and I AGREE on something. Oh man, there goes my reputation. Acutally I agree with her, but unlike her, I know I cannot force my beliefs on others, but I want the right to celebrate my faith anywhere I want just like any other religion or non-religion. My saying Merry Christmas is NOT a judgement on anyone who is atheist. I am trying to be friendly..but it shouldnt warrant the ACLU coming to my door to tell me I cannot SAY it. I dont send the Pope to THEIR door when they dont genuflect at every cross they walk by. LOL. I never tell others that Ramadan or Passover or Halloween makes me feel "ostricized and judged" because I dont hold to those beliefs. Well, Halloween, I do–GOTTA LOVE FREE CANDY!

March 12, 2013 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  5. snowdogg

Pulllllllllllllllezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ! Stop giving that woman any media attention.

March 12, 2013 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  6. Smacky Smooth

Um, regarding Santa Claus....there was a St. Nicholas in Greece that did give gifts as a tradition. Christmas or not, he existed. So Durundal's statement is not all together correct but Christmas was started by the combination of many cultures melding celebrations in their newly found faith of Christianity. Celebrating Jesus' birth is great for Christians..even if our calculation of when He was born is inaccurate. Father Christmas. St. Nicolas, Santa Claus are relatively new entities added and then USED by merchants to drum up sales.

March 12, 2013 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  7. Faux News

Nothing Sarah Palin writes could be considered "thought provoking".

March 12, 2013 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  8. Victoria

There isn't a war on Christmas. It's called CAPITALISM!! Store owners realized by saying Happy Holidays, they were including people of all faiths, which in turn caused people of all faiths to shop at their stores. I thought capitalism was the greatest way to run to country....

March 12, 2013 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  9. Lynda/Minnesota

Dominican mama: "She can lose the hat."

Oh, yeah. She can definitely lose the hat ... right along with her "holier than thou" attitude.

To quote the article: "In 2011, Palin blasted President Obama's Christmas card as "odd" on Fox News because it featured the family's dog, Bo, sitting by a fire, rather than prominently displaying values of "family, faith and freedom."

As for me, I find Palin ... odd. Including her family, her faith, and her freedom - whatever THAT is.

March 12, 2013 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  10. Jesus Christ Superstar

Smacky Smooth – I didn't realize the ACLU comes to your door to try to deny you freedom of speech. It seems like you're overreacting to a very, very silly & almost unheard of problem. Say happy holidays, merry christmas, or whatever you want. People like you who think that anyone saying Happy Holidays wants to suppress Christmas are the only ones who make a big deal out of it.

March 12, 2013 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  11. Harvest Cook

So Palin has written more books than she has read! Wow!

March 12, 2013 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  12. blindbear

More crap from Failin' Palin, rantin' and railin'.

March 12, 2013 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  13. LDH2O

What a hoot! Traditional Christmas – NOTHING in the bible about Santa, snow, Christmas trees, cards, elves, none of that "traditional" stuff that she probably puts up.

March 12, 2013 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  14. GTA

Sarah Palin must be nearing the point where she has written more books than she's read....

March 12, 2013 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  15. Zeibodique

I can't wait! It's another Sarah Palin book I won't be buying. She just can't let go of that 15 Minutes-

March 12, 2013 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  16. Rick in Atlanta

I will guarantee you that Sarah Palin will not be the actual writer of that book. She hasn't the requisite organizational skills to do it, she hasn't the patience to actually work that hard at something, and, above all, she is not capable of constructing coherent sentences without help.

March 12, 2013 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  17. atroy

The Reason for the Season......selling books!

March 12, 2013 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  18. Joana

So, in protest of the commercialization and secular nature of Xmas, she has decided to write and promote her book, conveniently coming out JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
    Oh, yes, I do get you, $arah Palin!

March 12, 2013 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  19. Pander Bear

Yeah who cares about Hanukkah* (Jewish), Bodhi Day – Buddha's Enlightenment (Buddhist), Ashura (Islamic, Muslim), or Guru Gobind Singh's Birthday (Sikh) which all occur during the December/early January holiday season. It's not like us Christians needs to be tolerant and kind. I mean where do you find that in the Bible? Sure there's that hippie dude with the Mexican name but nobody tales him seriously.

March 12, 2013 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  20. David Crosby

This woman is never going to go away..Kind of self serving to publish a book during the holidays promoting her view of how we should celebrate or not...Don't they get it..? Americans are tired of demagogues telling us what to believe...

March 12, 2013 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  21. yessuh

Does anyone else find it interesting that writing a book complaining about people using Christmas as a way to make money is in fact doing the exact thing that the book says people shouldn't do? Unless she gives all proceeds of the book to charity.

March 12, 2013 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  22. pkrbkr

Sarah, just GO AWAY! Your 15 minutes were up long ago!

March 12, 2013 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  23. Reggie from LA

Dear Sarah Palin, It's not secularists who have robbed you of Christmas's true meaning. Oh, but you have been robbed along with many of us alright. It's merchants. Businesses. Rich people. Sure, some folks have tried to pee on the true meaning of Christmas with ridicule, but to be expected. America, the land of free expression. Debt and spending destroy the spirit of the holiday season. Bankers (many of whom are "good Christians") make out like bandits because we pay for Christmas year-round. Write a book that gives bankers, merchants and the Chambers of Commerce what for! You ain't gonna do THAT are ya? Wink, wink. Anybody who stuffs more money in this woman's pocket because she has an opinion, tsk tsk.

March 12, 2013 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  24. Rudy NYC

Aha! Wait, I get it. She just crawled out from under a rock where she's been hiding since Election Night. She thinks Christmas is just a couple of weeks away. You know, with the election of a new Pope and all. Reporters keep saying that it is the "biggest event of the year" at The Vatican, which could mean Christmas to her.

March 12, 2013 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  25. Jen

She managed to pad that out to whole book? Is it a picture book?

March 12, 2013 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |