Sarah Palin is coming to town
March 12th, 2013

Sarah Palin is coming to town

(CNN) - Do you hear what I hear? Sarah Palin already has Christmas on her mind.

In the upcoming title, "A Happy Holiday IS a Merry Christmas," the former Alaska governor argues the holiday has become too secular because of "the politically correct elite who have hijacked the season," according to a release from the book's publisher, HarperCollins.

Scheduled for a November release, her new book will be out in time for purchase by all holiday shoppers, naughty or nice.

Her book, the publisher states, will make the argument for a more traditional Christmas that emphasizes the Christian theme behind the holiday. Palin will highlight "the importance of preserving Jesus Christ in Christmas," whether that's in public displays, school concerts or pageants. The book will also include personal memories and traditions from the most wonderful time of the year.

The 2008 vice presidential nominee has been known to defend her stance on Christmas in the past. In 2011, Palin blasted President Obama's Christmas card as "odd" on Fox News because it featured the family's dog, Bo, sitting by a fire, rather than prominently displaying values of "family, faith and freedom."

In a statement, Palin said her new book will be a "fun, festive, thought provoking" piece that will encourage readers to "unite in defense of our faith and ignore the politically correct Scrooges who would rather take Christ out of Christmas."

The book follows her two other books, "Going Rogue" (2009) and "America by Heart" (2010).

– CNN's Kevin Bohn and Ashley Killough contributed to this report.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. bm

She conveniently ignores that Christmas has also become a greedy commercial affair and she partakes in that by releasing her book just before Christmas holidays to make money. What a hypocrite!

March 12, 2013 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  2. Kathy

Sarah "I need more money" Palin is writing another "book"? Yawn!

March 12, 2013 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  3. Tom

Time to fleece the wingnuts. There appears to be a solid market of right-wing crazies with an insatiable need to be outraged. How many conservative authors pump out a regular stream of extremist books which tend to sell very well? For the author and publisher this stuff is easy money.

March 12, 2013 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  4. tribecagal

Wonder who ghost wrote this one?

March 12, 2013 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  5. yogi

The mistress of hypocrisy.

March 12, 2013 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  6. Lynda/Minnesota

"People who don't believe in this don't have to. But they can't make the holy day disappear, and persecute those who honor it."

As a Christian myself, freedom, I'm just curious. Who is persecuting me for honoring Christ's birth (and more significantly, His death)? To be truthful, I'm comfortable enough in my own belief that I haven't really felt the necessity of having to defend myself from others who don't believe as I do. Perhaps I'm missing your point?

March 12, 2013 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  7. joe

Once again America's favorite wingnut wants to force her beliefs on others whether they subscribe to them or not. If you want Christ in Christmas, fine. Put him there, Sarah. What you do behind closed doors in the privacy of your home is your business. But leave me and everyone else alone.

March 12, 2013 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  8. kevin

Once again, thank you John McCain!!!

March 12, 2013 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  9. The Real Tom Paine

Last time I checked, no one has been thrown in jail for celebrating Christmas, but if the Right wants to believe that that is under attack as well, so be it. They are the only people that can actually be miserable at Christmas due to their politics. The irony is that Palin's book is scheduled to be released right in time for Black Friday, the traditional kick-off to the Christmas shopping season. She will show her outrage while fleecing the flock of Right wing sheep, once again.

March 12, 2013 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  10. NFLD thought

Considering she can see Russia from her house I bet she claims to be able to see Santa and the North Pole Workshop from there as well.

March 12, 2013 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  11. MarcNJ

a)Christmas celebrates a birthday, in most cultures around the world that gets you maybe a week or two of celebration.
    b)other religions celebrate holidays at the same time of year, we are a "melting pot", what's wrong with thinking of others during the holiday season?
    c)Christmas is supposedly a holiday of giving, how about giving respect to others' traditions?
    d)does anyone actually still take Palin seriously on anything, other than herself?

March 12, 2013 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  12. Brian

Jeez, it IS "Happy Holidays" – it isn't like Christmas is the only holiday during December for crying out loud. Tell Sarah to spread some "Goodwill towards men", and not just towards Christians.
    What a stupid thing to even argue about.

March 12, 2013 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  13. Linda

I think God gave everyone FREE WTLL....It's up to every individual to believe or not believe......Palin is trying to push her religion off on everyone and as for what kind of Christmas Card Obama or I send out is our business not hers....everyone should celebrates the holidays in their own way........ not the way Palin thinks you should

March 12, 2013 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  14. K. in Miami

Wow, Ms Palin has been reduced to being an advocate for X-Mas, whats really interesting, after her fall from Grace and her lackluster appeal to the general public, who are the people willing to purchase this book?

March 12, 2013 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  15. James Klimaski

I thought this section was called political ticker and not PR space for has been politicians.

March 12, 2013 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  16. Cedar Rapids Jr.

The threat to Christmas does not come from Atheists or Secularists but from Capitalism and the pursuit of profits. When is the busiest shopping season? And who is coming out with a book about Christmas when it's easiest to fleece Christian Conservatives of their cash?

March 12, 2013 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  17. Scrape

Exploitation at it's finest. Genius.

March 12, 2013 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  18. Kurt

Making money off worship in a cynical fashion. Sounds like a Moneychanger at the entrance to the Temple.

March 12, 2013 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  19. Patrish

Is that woman still talking? I know I should ignore her, but I can't resist making rude comments when it comes to her!

March 12, 2013 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  20. Russ

In a statement, Palin said her new book will be a "fun, festive, thought provoking". Palin....Thought provoking? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha That's all that needs to be said.

March 12, 2013 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  21. Grady

Sarah...the 70's wants that hat back...

March 12, 2013 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  22. Rob Public Again

Sarah who?

March 12, 2013 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  23. dee1030

This is another example of this ego filled woman's intolerance of others who worship differently from her. I celebrate Christmas, put up a tree, yet when I send out cards or give cards to my employee's they say Happy Holidays because I don't believe in pushing what I believe down someone else's throat, especially when I absolutely know they have their own personal beliefs. It all comes down to respect for other human beings who have their own cultural ingraining from birth.

March 12, 2013 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  24. K Kim

Christians really need to get together and have a debate once-and-for-all on whether Christmas is Biblical. I am aware of only one instance in the Bible of anyone celebrating a birthday (Herod who had John the Baptist killed at his B-day bash). Perhaps, we (Christians) should not celebrate any birthdays.

March 12, 2013 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  25. michael

I guess next it will be a cook book. dear god cant this nightmare of a woman just go away?

March 12, 2013 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |