No Full Monty for Prince Harry and Chris Christie
March 26th, 2013
1 year ago

No Full Monty for Prince Harry and Chris Christie

(CNN) – His last visit to the United States ended with a nude romp around a hotel room. But Britain's Prince Harry won't be disrobing during his upcoming tour of New Jersey if the state's governor has any say in it.

"I'm thrilled that he's willing to come," Gov. Chris Christie said during a radio interview Tuesday. Prince Harry is slated to visit the U.S. in May, making stops in Washington, D.C., Colorado, New York City, New Jersey and Connecticut. A press release announcing Harry's stop in New Jersey noted it was an "area badly affected by Hurricane Sandy."

"He wants to come and see the destruction himself, firsthand," Christie continued in his radio interview with New Jersey 101.5. "He wants to be helpful. And I am going to be spending the entire day with Prince Harry. And believe me, nobody's going to get naked if I'm spending the entire day with Prince Harry."

That's a less-than-subtle reference to Harry's last visit to the United States, when photographs of him cavorting naked in a Las Vegas hotel room were splashed on newspaper front pages around the world. The incident came just weeks before Harry deployed with the 662 Squadron, 3 Regiment Army Air Corps to Afghanistan.

Harry later said he had "probably let myself down, I let my family down, I let other people down" with the nude photos.

His upcoming trip to the States will largely focus on supporting causes related to injured veterans. In Washington he'll visit an exhibit on Capitol Hill related to clearing landmines, which was a cause his mother Princess Diana also championed.

In Colorado Springs Prince Harry will attend events at the Warrior Games, which are held for injured servicemen and women.

Filed under: Chris Christie
  1. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Harry is more than welcome. It's that brother William of his I have a problem with. By the way, whatever happened to the photographer who took the photo of Kate sunbathing naked? Never heard of what happened to that guy.

March 26, 2013 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  2. Michael

The kid does not have to apologize to anyone. Thank you for your service.

March 26, 2013 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  3. Al-NY,NY

don't worry Chrispy Chreme.....no one WANTS to see anyone (especially you) naked. The thought gives me shivers.....

March 26, 2013 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  4. DorisV

Three cheers for Prince Harry aka Harry Wales, a military man. He seems to have found his niche in the royal family. Believe that Diana would be pleased with him.

March 26, 2013 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  5. Rudy NYC

from the article:

------------
    Well there is plenty of it still left for Prince Harry to see. Most all of it, in fact. I hope somebody gives him a good hard shove towards Staten Island. Staten Island had more deaths than every other state combined, including New York if you sibtract the Staten Island totals.

I wonder where he will stop in Connecticut. I suspect somewhere that the right wing will not like.

March 26, 2013 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  6. tony

FROM a Marine to a Soldier welcome Prince.

March 26, 2013 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  7. Wake up People!

Welcome Prince Harry! Thank you Chris Christy for keeping your tent on.

March 26, 2013 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  8. Patrick

Chris Christie's wife is still sitting on 32 million dollars of donated aid money for the victim of Hurricane Sandy. She has distributed exactly 0 dollars of the charitable fund. What is she waiting for? Offers of kickbacks?

March 27, 2013 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  9. Frank

I I feel embarrassed because of our Governor's bad joke. More Governor and less Ralph Cramden please.

March 27, 2013 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  10. John Doe

Dumb comment Chris. Out of place and inappropriate. Pure bad judgement and unbecoming a govenor hosting a Prince on a public relations tour.

March 27, 2013 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  11. Linda

Now the Repuiblicans will want to be friends with Chris again.

March 27, 2013 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  12. stephen douglas

Prince Harry need not apologize to anyone. Bless the guy for having some fun instead of pretending the royals do not. And, thanks for your service.

As for Christy, he won me over with his doughnut on Letterman. Funny as 'ell, and totally threw Letterman off his game. Man has a sense of humor. He also speaks his mind, like it or not – and that is leadership.

March 27, 2013 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  13. Daniel

Who cares? Nudity is not wrong behind closed doors (which he was). I think the governor's comment was a bit out of line and "old news".

March 27, 2013 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  14. HoustonVeteran

I like this guy (Harry). Hope he parties more in Vegas. What's wrong with a soldier having some fun before he ships off to war? I would party with him anytime!

March 27, 2013 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |