Obama likes the look of California's attorney general
April 4th, 2013

Obama likes the look of California's attorney general

(CNN) – The crowds are apparently getting better looking at President Barack Obama's California fundraisers.

Singling out the Golden State's Attorney General Kamala Harris at a Democratic National Committee event in Atherton, Obama noted, "She's brilliant and she's dedicated, she's tough… She also happens to be, by far, the best looking attorney general."

"It's true! C'mon," he continued, according to a pool report. Harris is considered a rising star within the Democratic Party.

Obama is in the Bay Area on a fundraising swing for fellow Democrats. He attended two events for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee on Wednesday night which raked in $3.25 million for the organization.

While no one argued with Obama about Harris' status as the "best looking attorney general" Thursday, a colleague back home might take issue: Vice President Joe Biden's son Beau is Delaware's attorney general, and his name means "beautiful" in French.

On social media, reaction was mixed - some though Obama's remarks were inappropriate, particularly for the commander-in-chief.

But others simply though Obama was offering a compliment - and the truth.

Was Obama being inappropriate in his remark? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

She's hot!

April 4, 2013 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  2. DumbasRocks [R]s

Uh Oh, watch out. The rightwingers will be up in arms with jealousy....as Harris IS much better looking than the blond bimbos with empty heads and baloon bras that they prop up in front of ther cameras on FuksNews

April 4, 2013 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  3. PaulCat

Okay republicans, let's hear it, 3 – 2 – 1 and..................

April 4, 2013 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  4. Getoverit

@PaulCat
    Okay republicans, let’s hear it, 3 – 2 – 1 and………………
    ---------
    Yep. If a Republican said that, you liberals would be screaming for a public hanging.....

April 4, 2013 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  5. Rick McDaniel

Maybe he is having marital issues?

April 4, 2013 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  6. MaryM

Attorney General Kamala Harris , Beauty and Brains all rolled into one

April 4, 2013 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  7. Romney is Still NOT My Hero

Our great president can't help but tell the truth.

April 4, 2013 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  8. Ed1

Obama is starting to act like Biden what else can you say they are both jokes and have no respect for women but that's OK if your a Democrat..

Would they say the same thing about Nancy or other women that are not hot I don't think so.

April 4, 2013 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  9. Jason

This is a disgusting setback to women's equality, but you won't hear a peep about it from the women's movement. Hypocrisy at its finest. And now I'm sure I will be labeled a right-winger, because names make people feel better about their bias, but I'm far from right wing.

April 4, 2013 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  10. Thomas

Strong , intelligent , she will make a great Governor of California

April 4, 2013 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  11. Larry

Wow, a good looking democrat!!!! With Hilary, Napolitono, Pelosi, And Wasserman Shultz, what a lovely breath of fresh air.What was her name again????

April 4, 2013 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  12. Colin Morgan

I support Obama and would have voted for him (If I was American) but this comment is out of line. If this had been a Republican saying this, you'd have buried him instead of just burying the article because it was Obama.

April 4, 2013 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  13. California Conservative

Nice looking with an uber-liberal agenda just makes her dangerous is all.

April 4, 2013 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  14. alex

Totally in appropriate. I'm a lib, and he should know better.

April 4, 2013 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  15. Pete

Ms Harris has the total package in looks and brains to match.And look Pres.Obamas raising money for fellow democrates that must burn the republicans butt knowing how organized he is..I bet Boehners crying hard on that one isn't he also!!

April 4, 2013 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  16. Catmandew

Why isn't he in DC doin the job he is getting paid to do? Could care how good lookin Cali's attorney general is. Where is the leadership we are payin Obama for?? I will give that he knows how to raise money but he doesn't know how to do the job he was elected for!!

April 4, 2013 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  17. ecarlson1961

The comment is inappropriate. I'm a democrat who voted for Obama twice (four times if you count primaries).

April 5, 2013 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  18. Logic

Don't you wish your AG was HOT like me...

April 5, 2013 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  19. Dean

We all know that Obama has no class......................and spends his time doing anything but his job.

April 5, 2013 11:14 am at 11:14 am |
  20. CJ

Someone's sleeping on the Presidential Couch tonight. Don't Clinton us again, Obama.

April 5, 2013 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  21. xfiler93

He in big trouble with the wifey.

April 5, 2013 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  22. Elle

Big deal. If he just commented on her looks, that might just be cause for controversy but he preceded that by noting that she is brilliant, dedicated and tough. I'd be willing to bet that people, including politicians, have commented on Gavin Newsom's and Scott Brown's looks so I don't really see this as a sexist issue. However PC we all want to be, good looks get noticed, and besides, the context makes a difference. I'd see it the same way if he were a Republican.

April 5, 2013 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  23. James, AL

The President acknowledged her brilliance and intellect first, and then complimented her on her looks. It is never a bad thing to compliment someone and it was a public statement. I compliment women all the time publicly and privately about how nice they look. It puts a smile on their faces and it does not cost anything to do it.

Everybody does not have a dirty mind.

April 5, 2013 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  24. PAM

seriously people, GROW UPstop making life a pissing match!

April 5, 2013 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  25. KellyinBoston

Its an unnecessary comment, but I don't think its inappropriate. I think that his comment was meant to state the obvious. If he'd said that Paul Ryan was a "good-looking senator", I don't think that anyone would have blinked (I might have, since I think Ryan looks like a frog who works out).

April 5, 2013 11:26 am at 11:26 am |