Photo: 'Veep' meets the real one for lunch
April 12th, 2013
1 year ago

Photo: 'Veep' meets the real one for lunch

(CNN) - Spotted at the White House Friday: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, in town promoting the second season of her show "Veep," heading inside for lunch with Vice President Joe Biden. Louis-Dreyfus portrays second-in-command Selina Meyer on the HBO show. Photo by CNN's Brian Yaklyvich.

Later Friday, the White House released a photo of the pair together at Biden's desk, with an audio recording of Louis-Dreyfus explaining the shot.

"This is a picture of two vice presidents hard at work in the vice president's office in the West Wing," she joked. "I came to have lunch with Vice President Joe Biden, and I surprise him by sitting at his desk, so we thought he'd ask my advice on some various briefs he had to deal with, and I was happy to give him my advice, which he paid no attention to whatsoever, which is why he is such a wise vice president. We had a lovely lunch, and it's a day I'll never forget."

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. GI Joe

Can't stand her.

April 12, 2013 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  2. much thunder..little rain

to close to reality..uncle joe and elaine

April 12, 2013 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  3. Sniffit

Aaaand here comes the "omg hollywood herpa derpa" nonsense from the people who made a Hollywood actor POTUS and then canonized him...

April 12, 2013 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  4. just askin

doesn't crazy joe have something more important to do? like account for that nearly trillion in stimulus and tell us how much of it was stolen or wasted?

with this adminstration, it is all about the celebrities. all while the country burns.

April 12, 2013 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  5. Donna

I guess the big celebrity party at the Whitehouse that cost over a million dollars wasn't enough for Obama and Biden this week. It didn't satisfy their hunger for celbrity quite enough. Is any real work actually getting done by these clowns? Or is it all celebrity appearances? Meanwhile, the children of this nation are denied access to the very same Whitehouse because of the Obama Sequester. Party on, nothing important happening in the country these days. Party on.

April 12, 2013 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |