(CNN) – Anthony Weiner, looking to re-enter politics after resigning in shame after a sexting scandal, couldn't say for sure Wednesday whether more lewd photos of him are poised to be released.
The former New York congressman said the sexting scandal was behind him.
"I'm not going to participate in that anymore," he told RNN Television. "If reporters want to go and try to find more, I can't say they're not going to be able to find another picture, find another person who may want to come out on their own. But I'm not going to contribute to that. The basics of the story are not going to change. It's behind me. It was a huge mistake."
That mistake came to light in 2011, when he admitted to sending lewd photos of himself to women he befriended on Facebook and Twitter. At first he hedged on whether the photos were of him, including in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer.
"It certainly doesn't look familiar to me, but I don't want to say with certitude to you something that I don't know to be the certain truth," Weiner said at the time.
After more reports of online exchanges with other women surfaced, fellow Democrats encouraged Weiner to resign, which he ultimately did after confessing to the indiscretions.
In Wednesday's interview, Weiner revealed he's never met the women involved in his scandal in person.
"I can tell you, I've never met the women that were on the other end of these anonymous conversations," Weiner said, adding many of the women "had their lives turned upside down."
In an interview earlier this month, Weiner confirmed he's considering a bid for New York City mayor, and this week launched a new Twitter account.