April 25th, 2013
1 year ago

5 presidents on hand for Bush Center dedication

Dallas (CNN) - Some may disagree whether George W. Bush was a "uniter, not a divider," as he liked to say, but he is expected to get all five living presidents together for the dedication of his presidential library.

Five presidents - three Democrats and two Republicans - are scheduled to speak Thursday in Dallas at the ceremony for the George W. Bush Presidential Center.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Larry in Houston

I did Not agree with 95% of his policies – but people will judge him accordingly – he's human – we all make mistakes – LOL – can you imagine "dubya" wanting to "free" Cuba & ahmadinijad of iran & any other country that was under a dictatorship ? lol I can't imagine the U.S. having to "police" Cuba & every other country who is under a dictator rule – To be perfectly honest, I think 'ol dubya would have it to do over again, he would never taken out saddam. (even though he would never admit it) Those dictators are in there for a purpose – ( to control their country) Hate to be a bearer of bad tidings, but you simply cannot take a 3rd world country, ( who's 150 years behind us) and transform them to the year 2013. ( Bombs & Bombing is the main word in their vocabulary)

April 25, 2013 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  2. much thunder..little rain

tough job no matter your party

April 25, 2013 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  3. Darryl

I wonder what Nasty Republicans are going to complain about the POTUS flying Air Force 1 to Texas. I'm sure some Un- Educated Republican will make some stupid comment here shortly.

April 25, 2013 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  4. Rick McDaniel

Obama only went, because he had a major fundraiser dinner there, and a potential photo op in West, TX.........a town he will promptly forget, the moment he leaves.

April 25, 2013 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  5. Larry in Houston

I did Not agree with 95% of his policies – but people will judge him accordingly – he's human – we all make mistakes – LOL – can you imagine "dubya" wanting to "free" Cuba & ahmadinijad of iran & any other country that was under a dictatorship ? lol I can't imagine the U.S. having to "police" Cuba & every other country who is under a dictator rule – To be perfectly honest, I think IF 'ol dubya would have it to do over again, he would never taken out saddam. (even though he would never admit it) He most likely should have left the situation the way his Dad had done. He drove saddam Out of invading Kuwait.(should have left it there) Dictators are in there for a purpose – ( to control their country) Hate to be a bearer of bad tidings, but you simply cannot take a 3rd world country, ( who's 150 years behind us) and transform them to the year 2013. ( Bombs & Bombing is the main word in their vocabulary)

April 25, 2013 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  6. The Elephant in the Room

President Carter- Thank you for your class, grace and humility. Thank you far your military service; something Clinton, Bush Jr., nor Obama undertook.

Many people don`t take the time to understand history. Were it not for an aircraft collision in the desert, you likely would have won re-election and the pent up economic demand that Reagan benefited from would have accrued to you. People would be lauding you and we wouldn`t have Reagan`s National debt contributions. Timing in life is everything. Reagan`s people cut deals to have the hostages held until he took office; said another way, they let a foreign power influence a US election. That is not very American in my book and it was no co-incidence. This same presidentlater also tried the arms for hostages deal but got off playing a dithering old man.

Too many rightwing bloggers have tried to smear your name before the last election in an effort to link Mr. Obama to you and to hurt him. I hope in some way the RE-election of Barack Obama lifts your Presidential stock.

My God bless you and the lovely Rosaland

April 25, 2013 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  7. Larry in Houston

To be perfectly honest – I wouldn't attend this if somebody paid me – it's a 4.5 hr trip, (depending on traffic) and they sell Snow Shovels in Dallas. + I would have to put up with arthritis from the cold by the time I came back to Houston. lol ( I can watch the clips on the News)

April 25, 2013 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  8. acdcguy

Obama in that pic, is a boy amongst men.........

April 25, 2013 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  9. California

Thank you Bush for all you did.

God Bless you and your family.

April 25, 2013 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  10. Darryl

1st of all i'm democrate but, I want to say.......... I feel sorry for Pres. Bush. I know he's really a good man and truely loves this country. It's my belief that Mr. Dick Cheeney is really the evil 1 who actually made horrific decisions, lied, and decieved not only the american people but the POTUS too. Mr. Rumsfield is hugely to blame for both wars also. Pres. Bush has indeed made his mistakes also. Being the POTUS has go to be the worst by far job in the world. All of us as Americans should stop the horrible, nasty, rotten things we say and do to eachother. Just think how calm and happy thing would be just here in the United States. Lets NOT be so mean. Have some respect & compassion for 1 another.

April 25, 2013 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  11. bubba

to acdcguy

Obama in that pic, is a boy amongst men.........

boy I like your way of thinking. Reminding me of my youth in the south.

April 25, 2013 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  12. Jeff Brown in Jersey

What a waste of time and money!

April 25, 2013 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |