April 25th, 2013
1 year ago

Bush on Boston: 'I was reminded that evil exists'

(CNN) – Former President George W. Bush, whose presidency was largely consumed by the terror attacks on Sept. 11 and the aftermath, weighed in on his thoughts about the recent violence in Boston.

"I was reminded that evil exists," Bush told CNN's chief national correspondent John King. "And that there are people in the world who are willing to kill innocent people to advance a cause."

FULL STORY
  1. joe c

cheney, bush and the israel first neocons did 9/11...they are evil and should be in gitmo...

April 25, 2013 08:15 am at 8:15 am |
  2. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House

There are some - you know, tactics that need to be revisited. On the other hand, the removal of Saddam Hussein was the right decision. America is more secure. The Iraqi people have a chance to live in a free society."
    --------------------------------------------------
    No bozo. If Saddam was still in place we wouldn't have to worry about Iran. Please go away!!!! Your legacy? I know that I will teach my children that you were the President who lied us into war over a vendetta at the cost of thousands of American lives. I will teach my kids that you were the President who brought this country to the brink of financial destruction. You can try and spin the truth all you want, but history will not treat you kindly and nor will I. To be honest, you belong in prison for war crimes, but that's a whole other story. Go paint something and disappear.

April 25, 2013 08:20 am at 8:20 am |
  3. Dominican mama 4 Obama

-------------------------------------------------
    Still not reading, huh Dubyah? Exactly WHAT cause were these two wannabe numb-nuts supposed to be advancing?
    Did you miss ALL of th news reports that stated that they belonged to no organization and more importantly, no organization would claim these two braintrusts?
    You, on the other hand, remind us that there are people wrongfully put in positions of power and prominence who in spite of the MANY disastrous mistakes that they made in their tenure still haven't learned a damn thing, and insist on seeing weapons of mass destruction, for example, where there is nothing but sand and flies.
    Now you and your ilk are hellbent on making us see "terrorists" where there is nothing but dilettantes.
    Crawl back under your rock.

April 25, 2013 08:23 am at 8:23 am |
  4. vic , nashville ,tn

“I was reminded that evil exists,”
    G..W.Bush words never help

April 25, 2013 08:23 am at 8:23 am |
  5. Lynda/Minnesota

And every day on CNN I am reminded that evil exists as well, Mr. Former President Bush. In America. From our own media outlets. FOX News comes to mind. As does Rush Limbaugh. And a whole host of other, well ... I'll leave you to figure it out for yourself. It's not too difficult to understand.

April 25, 2013 08:46 am at 8:46 am |
  6. Dominican mama 4 Obama

I was trying to copy and paste the word-salad responses that he gave CNN, but I'm at work and i just don't have that kind of time.
    This man was and remains a likeable idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.
    I never knew that saving human lives was a "prinicple", apparently Dubyah considers it to be.
    The gibberish he spewed about Libby painfully reminded me that we had to live with this malfunction for 8 year. It was only divine intervention that kept our enemies from dropping a bomb on us due to his incredible arrogance.

April 25, 2013 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  7. Just a thought

As a President I respect this guy. As a person with intellect and wisdom. Not so much

April 25, 2013 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  8. The Elephant in the Room

Answer me this. Who is worse: Bernie Madoff or these BosMar bombers. Before you answer, be aware that the stress of losing their life savings has KILLED some of Madoff`s "clients" via heart attack & stroke. [More than the 4 killed in Boston.] How many retirees have been terrorized by scam artists like him? Now who is more evil?

April 25, 2013 09:12 am at 9:12 am |