Relaxed Romney celebrates McCain son's wedding
June 3rd, 2013
1 year ago

Relaxed Romney celebrates McCain son's wedding

(CNN) – The last two Republican presidential nominees were reunited this weekend to celebrate the wedding of Sen. John McCain's son, a Navy helicopter pilot, in San Francisco.

Jack McCain married Renee Swift, who herself is an Air Force Reserve captain, on Saturday. The night before, Romney was pictured alongside McCain's daughter Meghan at the rehearsal dinner, looking relaxed in a wooden bead necklace and a shirt adorned with hula dancers.

Sen. McCain also tweeted pictures from the wedding itself, including a group shot with the bride and groom alongside three of McCain's other children.

On Friday, Ann Romney said in an interview her husband was enjoying his time out of the spotlight by writing and travelling.

"I've been doing what I've been dying to do for a very long time which is ride a lot and I've been competing a lot and showing a lot and Mitt's been there supporting me and coming with me and watching me and helping me," Mrs. Romney said on "CBS This Morning."

McCain, the 2008 Republican pick for president, backed Romney early in the 2012 nominating process.

Filed under: John McCain • Mitt Romney
  1. Sniffit

Don't care. This is not political news. It is a "human interest" and "entertainment/celebrities" story that belongs on those parts of the website.

June 3, 2013 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  2. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

This story should be on TMZ, not here.

June 3, 2013 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  3. Gurgyl

Is this a part of the NEWS??? Pathetic. If you do not have ny news, just put some photographs from Newzealand and north Carolina Beaches.

June 3, 2013 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  4. Wake up People!

I'd be relaxed also. He's a billionaire melanin challenged male with a R after his name.....
    The world is his oyster.....

June 3, 2013 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  5. Sniffit

Why is Cindy wearing curtains?

June 3, 2013 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  6. Wake up People!

Am I seeing things or does the young McCain have Jungle Fever......

June 3, 2013 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  7. ThinkAgain

I hope the kid is a better pilot than his dad ... John McCain crashed 2 planes (one due to pilot error) before being shot down over Viet Nam.

June 3, 2013 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  8. ThinkAgain

Wow, the kid's marrying an African-American woman ... that must be making right-wing heads explode all OVER the place!

June 3, 2013 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |