Holder: Leaks damaged U.S. security
June 14th, 2013

Holder: Leaks damaged U.S. security

(CNN) - Attorney General Eric Holder called the leaks about U.S. surveillance programs "extremely damaging" and vowed justice for whoever disseminated the information.

Appearing at a U.S.-European Union ministerial meeting Friday in Dublin, Ireland, Holder was asked by a reporter why the United States hasn't requested the arrest of Edward Snowden, the self-avowed National Security Agency leaker.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Eric Holder • NSA
  1. anonymous

Nobody has damaged this country more than Eric Holder and Obama. Can we please drone them for treason first?

June 14, 2013 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  2. Wake up People!

I can't help but laugh at some of the people screaming about their Constitutional rights and their freedom, yet some of these same people thought it was ok to restrict those same rights and freedom for others.

Remember peeps, 4th of July is nothing more than a paid holiday for many of us..... If your ancestors weren't independent on July 4th, 1776 it doesn't have the same meaning.

June 14, 2013 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  3. Wake up People!

They don't care AG Holder. All they care about is digging up dirt on you and the POTUS. Had this happened when one of them were POTUS, we might have witnessed a public lynching.

July 4th, nothing but a paid day off.

June 14, 2013 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  4. Winning

@Sniffit

My disagreement with this, as well as what was done under Bush is this:

I have no problem with my government spying on other governments, hacking China, etc. Snowden's decision to disclose that sort of thing to China made me lose all respect for him. That said, I have a huge problem with the government spying on U.S. citizens almost indiscriminately. This is beyond the scope of what even the Bush administration did. I don't care that there are legal opinions and statutes allowing the activity because the fact that some of these opinions are secret, and that all of the activity is secret, gives us no recourse to protect ourselves from the government. As far as I am concerned, allowing the government to have powers that it can use against the citizens of this country is just as bad as having to worry about terrorists blowing up a plane. How can we decide that we don't want our government doing these things to us if the government's activities are secret?

June 14, 2013 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  5. Steveo

@Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes
    But of course SteveO! I'd prefer to capture the douchebag and bring him back to the U.S. to stand trial.
    --------------–
    Agreed!

June 14, 2013 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  6. Malory Archer

Winning

My disagreement with this, as well as what was done under Bush is this:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You don't KNOW that it's beyond the scope of what the previous occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue did. At least this administration owns up to what they're doing unlike the previous occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Additonally, technology has advanced in the 5 years, 4 months since that 8-year reign of error ended which required the evolution of such activities. This is the end result of the Patriot Act, and you have nobody but the previous occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and congress who keeps renewing it everytime it comes up for vote to thank for that.

June 14, 2013 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  7. saywhat

" NSA has little to do with foiling terror plots" Guardian & experts as reported. Only two cases were cited by authorities. details unknown.

June 14, 2013 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  8. Dominican mama 4 Obama

-------------------------------------------------
    This administratio is NOT spying on U.S. citizens indiscriminately. Your problem, thus, has been solved.

@Wake up People!

-------------------------------------------------
    Hear! Hear!!

June 14, 2013 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  9. Fair is Fair

Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

Steveo
    @Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes
    TREASON is an act punishable by DEATH!
    --–
    Yes, but only AFTER a trial
    ---------
    ------
    Well THAT'S odd... why just 2 days ago you said you wanted him droned with no questions asked. What's up with that?

June 14, 2013 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  10. Name Bernat Beckman

Absurd!
    The "Metadata" was not breached, the "Program" was exposed.
    Obama and his "grand standers" DID BREACH U.S. secrets surrounding the Bin Laden mission.
    The Docter that made the "Raid" possible, was outed by this "CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION" costing the Dr. and his family their lives. That makes recruiting in any theater of conflict nearly impossible now.
    Remember, this brave Dr. was doing good work for the Pakistani people all the while he was helping us.
    This BREACH of TRUST ended access to health workers to hundreds, maybe thousands of Pakistanis. THAT IS DAMAGE!!!!!!

Terrorists were aided how.
    Are they going to move to "smoke signals, flags, 2cans and a string, Morse Code, mental telepethy."

WHERE IS THE DAMAGE. IGNORE THE B.S.

June 14, 2013 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  11. Winning

@ Malory Archer

The fact that we don't know is the whole problem. I'm not a Bushbot, I hate him. Obama is just as responsible for the Patriot Act as far as I am concerned because he signed the reauthorization into law. I am a liberal, and I don't understand how any like-minded liberal can defend this program. Saying "well Bush did it first" is simply ridiculous, because regardless of that fact, it is still wrong.

June 14, 2013 11:34 am at 11:34 am |