June 20th, 2013

First on CNN: Stop Hillary effort launches

Washington (CNN) – Just as support starts piling up for a second Hillary Clinton presidential campaign, the opposition forces are marshaling their resources to keep up.

Pro-Republican Super PAC America Rising is launching a fundraising effort today as their answer to the growing tide of support for Clinton. The PAC has a brand new site, StopHillary2016.org, a one-stop shop for Clinton haters.

And they're blasting a series of e-mails to randomized groups of donors to solicit money for the cause.

One draws on the lessons learned by Mitt Romney's failed presidential campaign. The PAC's chairman, Matt Rhoades, had managed the Romney campaign in 2012. He writes in the new fundraising note, "President Obama started his reelection campaign on his first day in office. I saw firsthand how big of an advantage that four year head start gave him in 2012."

He goes on, "We can't allow that competitive advantage [to] occur again."

The second begins by saying it's no secret Clinton is preparing another bid and explains the organization "was formed to prevent Americans from ever having to see another Clinton in the White House or suffer through 12 years of Democrat rule."

It continues, "Whether it's Hillary, Joe Biden, or liberal up-and-comers like Elizabeth Warren, we need to stop these Democrats in their tracks now." And it reminds that the "Clinton Machine" is so powerful, Republicans need to start collecting research on the former secretary of state to "define the real Hillary before another Clinton Administration damages our country."

A third e-mail stokes fears of another Clinton in the White House by ticking through a series of Clinton scandals, including her leadership of the State Department during the attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi.

In addition to bringing in funds to do research and finance TV ads when the campaign gets closer, part of the exercise is designed to determine which of these messages sticks best by seeing which e-mail solicitation brings in the most money, according to the PAC.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Bill from GA

The Stop Hillary Campaign was in full force when the repubs politicized the killing of our Ambassador and 3 others in Benghazi.

June 21, 2013 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  2. Bill from GA

I wonder if Pro-Republican Super PAC America Rising got their IRS tax-exempt status?? If not, let's have another Congressional investigation!!!

June 21, 2013 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  3. Bill from GA

I really hate this news. I was planning to start my own 'Stop Hillary' super-pac next week. I got nothing against Hillary; just figured it would be a great way to siphon some money from ignorant righties, take 80% off the top in salary , then repeat a few anti-Hillary blogs to feed the hatred of the brainless minions.

Snooze ya looze. They beat me to it.

June 21, 2013 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  4. Steveo

@Bill from GA

---------–
    I am sure they do, just like I am sure pro-liberal super PACS have their's as well. I am not opposed to another investigation provided ALL of them (to include ALL of the the PACS on the left) are investiagted too! You game?

June 21, 2013 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  5. Roger

How about calling the "Stop Hillary" effort "Impound the Bltch!"

June 21, 2013 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  6. Ethan Vanderbuilt

Hillary is one of the most powerful candidates I have ever seen in my life. If she runs, she will win.

June 21, 2013 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  7. gerry luimes

anybody can attempt to "stop" anybody,or anything they do not like. Fortunately you cannot "stop" intelligent thinking and desired behaviour !.

June 21, 2013 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  8. Thom

I'm voting for ANY Democrat from now on. The economy is finally beginning to recover from the Bu$h meltdown and another Republican in office will just be more of the same taking care of the Richie-riches at the expense of everyone else. Always is.

June 21, 2013 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  9. M.A.P.

God I am so tired of the Bengazhi conspiricy theories. The real debate is about some emails about how to speak about the attack. Yes 4 people died. Thousands die every day. Hilary didn't kill them herself, it was terrorists. She was very noble and humble in her grillings from congress, the republicans are just scraping the bottom of the barrel with that. They're flogging a dead horse and it will come back to bite them in a few years. Hilary 2016!

June 22, 2013 06:01 am at 6:01 am |