July 1st, 2013
1 year ago

Tweet of the Day: Paul Ryan puckers up

(CNN) – While he tweeted this on Sunday, we thought it was too good not to post today.

House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan often talked about his love for hunting and fishing during his 2012 vice presidential run–but his latest tweet seals with a kiss just how much he loves the outdoors.

Filed under: Paul Ryan • Tweet of the Day
  1. saywhat

Yep! Paul. For they are mostly busy kissing fat you know what of Special interest,big business & foreign lobbies.

July 1, 2013 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  2. ST

Wow! so Ryan Paul wants to eat this small fish alive? No wonder himself and his Party, all the time want to eat the President alive.

July 1, 2013 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  3. J'Cincinnati'Redd

I use to really like young Paul, but he he was rather weak during the last year election. If the GOP is to make a come back,we are going to need strong men and woman( Rand paul,Jeb Bush, Rice,CAIN) taking the lead and little boys and girls( Rubio, Paul, cruz) To win back the nation

July 1, 2013 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  4. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

He's out fishing while student loan rates are going up. YOU'RE FIRED!!!

July 1, 2013 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  5. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Gross! But then again these GOP types are used to kissing dirtier body parts than this fish would ever be.

July 1, 2013 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  6. Lynda/Minnesota

I have never thought to kiss a fish I've caught, let alone have my picture taken doing so. Just between us, I don't think I ever will.

Oh, and btw: I too love the great outdoors ... apparently NOT in the same way Paul Ryan does, though.

July 1, 2013 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  7. Rick McDaniel

July 1, 2013 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  8. Colorado

Ahhh the Republican fisherman, what a symbol. Pro death penalty, but against abortion. "oh that's too small, throw it back and we'll kill it when it's big"

July 1, 2013 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  9. ThinkAgain

I hope he catches an incurable lip fungus ...

July 1, 2013 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  10. ThinkAgain

@Rick McDaniel: "Hope he put the bass back in the water. Far too small to keep. Conservation of species, almost precludes keeping any kind of fish today, of any size. Humans are exhausting the supply of seafood, both in our oceans, and our freshwater lakes and streams."

Knock me over with a feather – I agree with Rick McDaniel!!! :)

July 1, 2013 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  11. Data Driven

@Rick McDaniel,

I'm surprised by your post, since I disagree with you most of the time. I wish more conservatives feel as you do. Stewardship of our common home should be something we all agree on, even as we disagree on everything else. Cheers.

July 1, 2013 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  12. rs

I would bet Ryan doesn't kiss babies- but I bet he steals their lolipops.

July 1, 2013 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  13. rs

Rick McDaniel

______________________
    hear, hear!

July 1, 2013 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  14. saywhat

@Rick McDaniel
    well said.
    besides waging senseless wars and destroying each other, we humans are indeed exhausting the supply of not only seafood but all food. If starving millions around the globe are any indication.

July 1, 2013 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  15. saywhat

it may seem irrelevant on this thread but it is intertwined with politicians & politics.
    Read Paul Craig Roberts (of Inst.For Political economy) article "Washington is driving the world to Final War".

July 1, 2013 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  16. Thomas

@Rick McDaniel
    Hope he put the bass back in the water. Far too small to keep. Conservation of species, almost precludes keeping any kind of fish today, of any size. Humans are exhausting the supply of seafood, both in our oceans, and our freshwater lakes and stream .

========

Great photo of Ryan ,
    Rick McDaniel are you turning into a tree hugging environmental concise liberal ?

Song for a blue ocean .

July 1, 2013 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  17. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Lynda/Minnesota

-------------------------------------------------
    LOL!
    What is Paul trying to prove sucking face with this poor fish? Is he just keeping his lips in shape for future butt kissing you think?!

July 1, 2013 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  18. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Colorado

-------------------------------------------------
    Thayt was DEEP Colorado!
    What a great analogy!!

July 1, 2013 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  19. Lynda/Minnesota

Dominican Mama: Good morning my friend. We've been silently following each other this past week, no?!

And a very good of the morning to you! I haven't a clue what Paul Ryan is doing to this poor fish, but whatever it is it ought to be left private between he and the fish. What I do know is, this is not a man I would be interested in fishing with. My husband and I generally catch 'em and release 'em without the ... well, emotional fanfare.

July 1, 2013 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  20. Tampa Tim

How will the fish get the bad taste of Ryan out of its mouth?

July 1, 2013 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  21. Fair is Fair

"oh that's too small, throw it back and we'll kill it when it's big"
    ------
    Nah... let's just kill it before it hatches, right?

July 1, 2013 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  22. Dominican mama 4 Obama

-------------------------------------------------
    Lol Lynda!!
    @ Tampa Tim who asked "How will the fish get the bad taste of Ryan out of its mouth?"
    Good question babe!!

July 1, 2013 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  23. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Fair is Fair

"oh that's too small, throw it back and we'll kill it when it's big"
    Nah... let's just kill it before it hatches, right?
    -------------------------------------------------
    So you're saying that you guys are going after a woman's eggs next? Because I know that no one is going after man's best swimmers.

July 1, 2013 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  24. Pander Bear

Ermigerd!!! This is a direct result of the Supreme Court decision to allow gays to marry!!! It's already starting!! Now people are going to marry fish!!! Ermigerd!!! Jeebus save us!

July 1, 2013 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  25. Fair is Fair

Dominican mama 4 Obama

Fair is Fair

"oh that's too small, throw it back and we'll kill it when it's big"
    Nah... let's just kill it before it hatches, right?
    -----------------
    ------
    Ummm... no, not at all. Humans are born, fish hatch. Analogy, you know.

July 1, 2013 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |