Amanda Bynes: Barack and Michelle Obama are ugly
July 8th, 2013
1 year ago

Amanda Bynes: Barack and Michelle Obama are ugly

(CNN) – It's not the kind of political attack they're used to, but President Barack Obama and the first lady became the latest subjects of actress Amanda Bynes' bewildering Twitter charade.

Bynes' bizarre behavior in the last year has drawn frenzied media attention. The former television and movie star has faced trouble with the law on drug and alcohol charges, in addition to tweeting out almost-incoherent statements about the media and Hollywood crowds.

Those who have also gotten her "ugly" treatment on Twitter include actor Zac Efron, rapper Drake, "Modern Family" actress Sarah Hyland, "American Pie" star Jason Biggs, and even her own father. She deleted many of those tweets afterward.

Amanda Bynes is fine, says Amanda Bynes' lawyer

But this isn't the first time that Bynes has tweeted at the president. Last year the actress asked Obama to fire the police officer who arrested her on DUI charges. Because he really could do that...

Filed under: Michelle Obama • President Obama
  1. Jubal

Have you looked in the mirror recently? You'd have to sneak up on a hand held model. Better go for the stationary, wall mounted type. Just watch out for glass splinters when you do.

July 8, 2013 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  2. Anonymous

and may I know who she is?

July 8, 2013 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  3. Name Uche Agonsi

I have experienced the same name-calling from a similar 'actress with bushy hairdo'.........a mad woman. But then rudeness, name-calling, sometimes death treats, etc, to American President are becoming some democratic symbols in US politics.

July 8, 2013 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  4. cnnife

And if I may ask! who is she again?

July 8, 2013 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  5. Name jk. Sfl. GOP conservatives,the garbage of America.

Who cares what this hick backwoods crack head has to say, she's just a washed up go!!!

July 8, 2013 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  6. Anthony in California

Honest question... Who is Amanda Bynes?
    I have way to many more important things to do throughout my day then to bother and look her up.
    My first guess would be dumb young singer, or druggy child actress.

Beyond that, that photo in the article makes her look like a homeless hag.

carry on.

July 8, 2013 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  7. Al-NY,NY

Did She/Man Ann Coulter have surgery to make itself look younger?? This is just the kind of blather that would be put out for free publicity as she's about to release a book. Let's here the rightie outrage about disrespect.....crickets. If someone had said Duh DUh Duh-bya and his prissy Stepford wife were ugly....oh the outrage!

July 8, 2013 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  8. J'Cincinnati'Redd

Machelle is a beautiful classy woman! She should of married Harmon Cain!

July 8, 2013 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  9. anne

Using Twitter to air her comments over and over leads me to wonder again why anyone would willingly show their ugly thoughts to millions of people. Amanda is, of course, deranged, so that would explain her 'tweets'-but it amazes me to see how many people need to stroke their egos and share intimate thoughts. And then, of course, complain about their invasion of privacy when others react negatively.

July 8, 2013 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  10. Steveo

@Jeff Brown in Jersey

This poor girl needs help and is obviously in pain. I hope her family can get her healthy again.
    ------------
    100% concur. I hope it happens before she becomes a statistic. She looks like Courtney Love in this picture and I hope she does not go down that road much further!

July 8, 2013 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  11. Aaron_of_Portsmouth

The talk of who's ugly, etc., is so juvenile and reminds me of many of my schoolmates in High School. Is America so enamored with how we look, and less so with how we act?? Just a rhetorical question.

July 8, 2013 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  12. Borderless

Why is anyone paying attention to her?

July 8, 2013 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  13. NC

I have no idea who this young woman is. But looking at her photo she needs help and I hope she gets it.

July 8, 2013 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  14. terrorist children of the military industrial complex

Ladies and gentleman, I submit to you, the face of the Me generation.

July 8, 2013 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  15. Fair is Fair

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Seek help, young lady.

July 8, 2013 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  16. Dumbas[R]ocks

To be Fair, is Fair, if Amanda and all her similarly IQ-challanged ilk were to seek help, she'd be in line behind a long queue of [R] troglodytes.

July 8, 2013 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  17. Peace

Little poppy, learn how to respect your leaders? Why take time and money and twit all these nonsense?

July 8, 2013 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  18. The Real Tom Paine

So sayeth the young has-been who looks like she's been pulled through a hedgerow backwards.

July 8, 2013 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  19. just sayin

another brainless wonder that hollywood has created and sadly she believes she is relevant.... sober up sweetie, get off the drugs and get a real life. you're a nobody.

July 8, 2013 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  20. Wake up People!

Amanda sweetie, I beg you to seek help.

I can't believe that's her in that pic, she used to be so pretty. Amanda, I don't know what kind of drugs you are using but you're headed down a slippery slope. This could end disastrously.....
    River Phoenix, Chris Farley and Whitney Houston come to mind.

She is reaching out, someone please help her!!

Did I just read Ray saying Mrs. Obama was beautiful??? Are pigs flying? Did hell freeze over??

July 8, 2013 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  21. ST

Is she the daughter of: Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, John Gibson or the woman from Alaska? If so, am not surprised. It is the apple falling from the same tree.

July 8, 2013 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  22. Katherine

I didn't realize this was news worthy?

July 8, 2013 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  23. cmml

Sad to see her so starved for attention that she would rather have negative press than no press at all.

July 8, 2013 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  24. LTG

Why is this news? You're wasting our time giving her publicity for proving her lack of class and desperate need for attention.

July 8, 2013 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |