Washington (CNN) - Two weeks ago, the Senate passed a comprehensive immigration reform bill on a 68-32 vote, with 14 Republicans joining the Democratic majority to send the measure drafted by a bipartisan "Gang of Eight" to the GOP-controlled House.
President Barack Obama pushed for the House to quickly take up the measure that would provide a path to citizenship for 11 million immigrants living illegally in the country while bolstering security along the Mexican border.
It should be totally out of consideration.
The GOP will not occupy the White House for a very long time, so I hope they continue to obstruct, block, complain and everything else they do (except govern).
"Five reasons immigration reform isn't close to the finish line"
1. The GOP controls the House.
2. 11M undocumented immigrants in the country trend towards voting Dem.
3. The GOP/Teatrolls are largely the bastions of racism and bigotry in the country and most undocumented immigrants are minorities.
4. A black dude got elected POTUS and sent the GOP/Teatrolls into a terror-driven conniption fit over the ongoing demographic shift away from white majority, the demographic the GOP/Teatrolls largely rely on for their votes.
5. Three words: Nose. Spite. Face.
"Republicans don't trust Obama on border security. "
LOL. That's not even remotely believable in light of the facts regarding Obama's efforts all on his own to secure the border, set records for deportations, put more troops and tech on the border than ever before and the numbers showing net illegal immigration at ZERO. What that is, is a talking point manufactured as an excuse for the GOP/Teatrolls to tuck tail and run from immigration reform. They've been seeking a backdoor escape hatch for months now and they think they've found it. It's their hairbrained disingenuous rationalization du jour and nothing more.
How about just one reason?
You do know 48% of America did not vote for your president right. Alot of conservative Republicans stayed home because Romney was a Mormon you do know this right? They will be out in numbers after what another jimmie carter type has ruined this country. We need another Reagan to clean up the lefts huge mess again.....
GOP is done. It is out for a decade or so. True.