July 15th, 2013
9 months ago

San Diego mayor won't resign

(CNN) - San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, dogged by allegations of sexual harassment, said on Monday he will not step down from his post.

"As your elected mayor, I fully expect to be accountable to the citizens of San Diego for all of my actions," he said in a statement. "But as a citizen of this country, I also expect - and am entitled to - due process, and the opportunity to respond in a fair and impartial venue to specific allegations. I do not believe I am guilty of sexual harassment, and I believe a full presentation of the facts will vindicate me."

FULL STORY

Filed under: California
  1. just sayin

of course he won't resign. because he's a democrat and people should have knwon when they elect a democrat they will get a person with no morales and values and somebody that doesn't believe in the rule of law. so voters of san diego, buyer beware. you vote for a democrat, you get what you get. this is only one solution. don't vote for democrats in the future.

July 15, 2013 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  2. Doug in NYC

@ just sayin:

You mean like the Govenor of Virginia? Opps, he's a republican! Just saying!

July 15, 2013 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  3. Data Driven

@just sayin,

One word: Vitter.

July 15, 2013 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  4. Fair is Fair

Awwwwww... come on, now. Clearly he was taken out of context. Can't those women take a joke?

/sarcasm

July 15, 2013 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  5. Sniffit

"@just sayin,

One word: Vitter."

Or myriad other Republicans. This isn't a party issue or even a politician issue...it's a pervasive problem throughout our society that men are allowed to get away with blatant misogyny on a regular basis.

July 15, 2013 01:05 pm at 1:05 pm |
  6. Jubal

The money's too good. The work is light, no heavy lifting. The boost to the ego, just gaining access to office was an adrenaline rush like no other. Resign? I'm sure he'd rather stay. Whether he stays or not depends on the people, not him.

July 15, 2013 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  7. They ought to change from the elephant to the hippo...

@ just whinin'

"no morals...buyer beware..." Like Mark Sanford?

July 15, 2013 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |