July 17th, 2013
1 year ago

From the start, Liz Cheney's Senate run controversial

(CNN) - The U.S. Senate race in Wyoming has it all: A popular incumbent Republican facing a primary challenge, a GOP feud, a generational divide, and Dick Cheney, one of the most polarizing figures in politics.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Liz Cheney • Senate • Wyoming
  1. Rudy NYC

The right wing has fractured into several tribes, each vying for control. I guess we'll have to wait for the Grand Limbaugh to weigh in, in order to settle the issue for them.

July 17, 2013 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  2. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

You mention Cheney, I think Bush. You mention Cheney, I think of getting shot in the face. You mention Cheney, I think perpetual war and war crimes.

July 17, 2013 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  3. Lynda/Minnesota

"Liz Cheney was to meet with reporters at two events in Wyoming one day after she announced her bid for Senate. Her announcement came on the same day that three-term Republican Sen. Mike Enzi said he would run for re-election."

So. Did she or didn't she? Meet with reporters? Or perhaps this is just a publicity stunt to get the donations flying on over to Liz?

I agree that Dick Cheney has been one of the most polarizing political figures in modern history. Apparently, the apple didn't fall too far from the Cheney tree where Liz is concerned. Oh, well. It is her problem to solve ... or not.

July 17, 2013 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  4. PJ

No doubt Daddy Dick will outline her agenda, which, of course, will be a continuation of his. She doesn't have an
    original thought in her head. Watched her once on Fox, and she is extremely irritating and hateful. She will
    march to his drumbeat, and carry the neo-con banner high and loud. The Heritage Foundation must be proud.
    Good luck, Wyoming.

July 17, 2013 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  5. Burt

Great! The eldest sibling of the thee most corrupt individual that the USofA has EVER known wants to run for the senate in Wyoming. And bashing EVERYTHING the POTUS has tried to do. While...talking trash about things that she knows that are nothing but complete lies but fire up the completely ignorant! Just a reminder people...WMD's in Irag, Haliburton, Blackwater, 'deficits mean nothing' and oh yeah, the best of all! All the THOUSANDS of young men and women that died fighting and continue to because of her 'war crminal' father's lies. While she and dad and the rest of the 'Cheney Pac' got RICH! But the selective memory of the 'right', has erased it all! So sad people believe and follow this tripe!

July 17, 2013 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  6. The Real Tom Paine

I'm sure just sayin is giddy with delight at this.

July 17, 2013 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  7. sonny chapman

She called herself a PATRIOT in her announcement ad. What does she call her Papa who took 8 Deferments, including when her Mama was carrying her, to stay out of the Vietnam War, even though he hated Communism ?

July 17, 2013 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  8. tom l.

@Dutch,
    "I think perpetual war and war crimes"

You mean like escalating Afghanistan, still have troops in Iraq (don't believe the lie that they're all gone), sticking our nose in Egypt, Libya and now starting to meddle in Syria? Yup, when I think of escalating our presence in foreign affairs I think of Obama!

July 17, 2013 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  9. Rick McDaniel

Not controversial, to anyone but the useless person who has been occupying the seat previously.

July 17, 2013 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  10. The Real Tom Paine

-tom l.

@Dutch,
    "I think perpetual war and war crimes"

**************
    7 years vs five, and Obama's tenure has been marked by a drawdown. By the way, where is your proof that we still have combat troops in Iraq? All you rightuies are hot to get us into Syria, now that McCain's beating the drum. Dream on.

July 17, 2013 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  11. tom l.

@The Real TP (errrr, Tom Paine, sorry :))

First, I'm not a "righty". I voted for Ron Paul so I can be pretty much the only consistent person on here. I was against what we did with Iraq and Afghanistan which I'm sure you were vehemently against. Now, all of the sudden, since your guy is in you defend all of these foreign intrusions.

And 5 years is ok but 7 isn't? Really? Obama's tenure has been marked by an increase in troops in Afghanistan before he has started a draw down. Jeeez. And I am no fan of McCain who is one of the bigger war mongers we have. I think that going in to Syria would be just another tragic foreign military intrusion. So, no, I'm not for getting in to Syria.

Do you honestly think there is zero American military in Iraq right now?? Honestly? Just google "troops still in Iraq". Don't be so gullable.

July 17, 2013 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |