July 23rd, 2013
9 months ago

Tweet of the Day: Romney has another grandbaby

(CNN) - While the world's eye was on the royal baby Monday, plenty of other children came into the world, including Mitt Romney's latest grandchild–also a boy. "#22," he notes in his tweet.

In a nod to Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, Romney said his family is also "royally blessed."

The new Romney baby belongs to Romney's son, Josh, and his wife Jen. In February, Craig Romney and his wife, Mary, had twins.

Romney has five sons.

Filed under: Mitt Romney • Tweet of the Day
  1. asdrel

To Malory Archer:; You just had to push your politics inti this article. Why can't there be a story that doesn't go off on a weird tangent.
    Mr. Romney and family: Congratulations, while I may disagree with your political positions, I want to present my best feelings to your family, from one grandfather to another.

July 23, 2013 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  2. Uncle Sam

So many negative comments about a wonderful occasion.
    It makes one wonder what the heck has happened to us.

July 23, 2013 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  3. Independent

Lynda/Minnesota

Independent
    Lynda/Minnesota

Oh, dear. The "work hard and achieve crowd" sermonizing on a Mitt Romney article of royal succession . . . Romney style.
    ________________
    Oh, dear. The "life isn't fair I can't success which collecting my welfare check crowd" sermonizing how bad Romney is....welfare style! LOL
    ----

Shooting blanks, are you Independent? Whatever gets you to sleep at night ... yes?
    _____________
    Right back at ya....I am an example of hard work that pays off so your statement is COMPLETELY FALSE and insulting but then again you and your buddies on here have to insult to make your life seem better!!! Keep thinking whatever helps you sleep!!! LOL If it was blanks you would not have responded!! LOL

July 23, 2013 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  4. Independent

Durundal

I still think people should have to file for a reproductive license, and noone should be allowed more than two. Period.
    _____________
    Hate to break it to you but if you learned anything in school you would know that it takes 2.3 children per couple to simply keep the population what it is (this was an exercise in my statistics course)!!!! If everyone only had 2, the human race would go extinct at some point in the future!

July 23, 2013 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  5. Robert

How many does Ann have? Oh, that's right. No more polygamy in the Mormon church.

July 23, 2013 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  6. Not yet a dad

From the side that says news is too negative, I guess I couldn't fault CNN for posting something positive. Even though it is just a tweet. Congrats to the Romneys – I look forward to having kids of my own one day.

July 23, 2013 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  7. Beebop

Wait.... Who is this guy again?

July 23, 2013 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  8. George

"I feel royally blessed"; Wow, there is so much we can read into that!!

July 23, 2013 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  9. jay

Every time a romney is born, the angels weep and the devil dances.

July 23, 2013 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  10. Independent

Hogan's Goat

"life isn't fair I can't success which collecting my welfare check crowd" What does this even mean? I can't success? Maybe he meant to say "I can't succeed." Totally agree, but then he goes on to say "which collecting my welfare check," which makes no sense at all. I guess he gets a welfare check because of his aphasia?
    ____________________

You know exactly what I was saying, a couple typos big deal.......

July 23, 2013 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  11. asdrel

To Family Values:
    As I have said before, does everything have to revolve around peoples political agenda? Can there not be an article in which people blame Obama, Bush, or whoever? Personally I thin it's all Nixon's faul, or maybe Truman's.

July 23, 2013 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  12. Independent

lagunalady27

This grosses me out. If we all procreated at the rate of this family...ick! I find it disrespectful to planet to crank out babies like they are jelly beans. Hey, I find it disrespectful to the babies that are already here, to keep cranking out more. It is like the ones they have already are not "enough". Stop it already. Love the babies you have!
    _____________________

You must have a lonely and sad life if 4 children per family is too much......Romney has 5 boys and each as 4 or 5 to make 22. I feel sorry for you. I come from a family of 7 kids and love every minute of it!!! Family dinners are a blast as are family trips etc!

July 23, 2013 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  13. sparks2000

they're mormon-they have nothing better to do--nobody's seen sister wives?lol

July 23, 2013 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  14. Postmaster23

Congratulations to the new parents and grandparents!

July 23, 2013 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  15. john houston

well mitt is certainly doing his fair share of over populating the world.another irresponsible male spreading his seed so we can go from 5 billion soles to 9 billion soles in another 25 years.good job mitt

July 23, 2013 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  16. newton

That's great!

July 23, 2013 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  17. Fred Evil

There is no such thing as a 'tweet pf the day,' they are all self-serving, narcissistic cries for attention.
    What's wrong, didn't your mothers love you enough, Priscilla Prissypants?!

July 23, 2013 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  18. don in albuquerque

Who cares.

July 23, 2013 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  19. spockmckoy

wow, somebody's kids don't sleep much.......

July 23, 2013 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  20. Former GOP

....and another Millionaire is born............pass the Gray Poupon........

July 23, 2013 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  21. frontgatee

DISGUSTING: Aren't you glad those rugrats aren't running all over the white house?

July 23, 2013 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  22. Dad Dee Oh

Congrats to the proud grandpa and grandma ! All the best!

July 23, 2013 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  23. The Film Professor

The way I see it, this just means 22 less spots at Harvard for the 99% of the kids of the rest of us

July 23, 2013 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  24. Smeagel4T

Single handedly trying to over-populate the planet.

July 23, 2013 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  25. Franklin T. Behne

A disgusting obliviousness to human overpopulation.

July 23, 2013 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |