July 23rd, 2013
9 months ago

Tweet of the Day: Romney has another grandbaby

(CNN) - While the world's eye was on the royal baby Monday, plenty of other children came into the world, including Mitt Romney's latest grandchild–also a boy. "#22," he notes in his tweet.

In a nod to Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, Romney said his family is also "royally blessed."

The new Romney baby belongs to Romney's son, Josh, and his wife Jen. In February, Craig Romney and his wife, Mary, had twins.

Romney has five sons.

Filed under: Mitt Romney • Tweet of the Day
  1. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Hogan's Goat

"Sorry, I had a baby 10 months ago, and I felt like a King." If you had the baby, you'd have felt like a Queen
    -------------------------------------------------
    LOL!!
    -------------------------------------------------
    Lynda/Minnesota

Oh, dear. The "work hard and achieve crowd" sermonizing on a Mitt Romney article of royal succession
    -------------------------------------------------
    Anywhere they can my friend. Any excuse will apparently do.

July 23, 2013 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  2. Fair is Fair

Kevin

My grandmother had 49 grandchildren... and was a nice person.
    --------
    I'm sure your grandmother was a nice person... but based on the comments in this article, most believe she was somewhere between selfish and criminal.

July 23, 2013 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  3. Lynda/Minnesota

You do realize that millions of Americans lost their jobs due to outsourcing dontcha? Jobs that they thought would see them through to their retirement?
    You do realize that millions of Americans lost their retirement money when the economy crashed. These are Americans in their late 50's early 60's, 70's, 80's.
    ---------------–

Well said.

July 23, 2013 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  4. Hogan's Goat

" They love America and the American dream which is slowly being destroyed each day" by vulture capitalists like the Romneys. How many people whose jobs went overseas because of Bain are smiling at this new-hatched vulture? It will be grown enough to attack in twenty-one years.

July 23, 2013 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  5. tom l.

@Lynda
    "The "work hard and achieve crowd"

I know. What an awful thing to say and such a terrible position to take. I'd much rather complain and whine about how the world is against me.

July 23, 2013 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  6. Lynda/Minnesota

Dominican mama: "Anywhere they can my friend. Any excuse will apparently do."

Yeah, well. I think they would do well to first get out of their mom's basement before sermonizing what they haven't yet experienced. But, hey. They do liven up the conversation.

July 23, 2013 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  7. Cord

Exactly how anyone should feel at the birth of their child or grandchild. Good for him, his wife and family. Shame on anyone mocking the birth of an infant.

It's amazing how liberals claim to be compassionate, caring and tolerant. Yet so many only mock and denigrate those that don't have the same beliefs.

July 23, 2013 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  8. Marie MD

@ Sharon, sure because when I think of integrity the first person that comes to mind is the man who has sent thousands of Americans jobs to jail like conditions in china and keeps million of $$$ in overseas banks so as not to pay taxes.
    I am pretty sure that those unemployed workers are, thanks up to the twit and Bain capital, no longer living the American dream. Then again the animal torturer did claim he was also unemployed.
    Get real!

July 23, 2013 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  9. Woman In California

@ Hogan's Goat

That was the funniest statement I've read in a long time. It is also so very true my friend. Keep telling it like it is.

July 23, 2013 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  10. Lynda/Minnesota

"I'd much rather complain and whine about how the world is against me."

July 23, 2013 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  11. Warhammer

Sorry Mitt. Got to have the "royal spooge" to get the headlines. Maybe next time.

July 23, 2013 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  12. CalDude

Congrats, governor.

July 23, 2013 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  13. Hogan's Goat

A bad case of "Me-Tooism?"

July 23, 2013 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  14. Rick McDaniel

Well, he is doing all he can to maintain population growth in America.

July 23, 2013 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  15. Sniffit

There just simply isn't enough don't-give-a-crap in the universe to address this.

And thanks, CNN, everyone here certainly appreciates that you and the rest of the MSM are doing your part daily to treat the insanely wealthy as though America has now adopted a capitalist form of plutocrat-royalty, which clearly requires that we celebrate the squeezing out of every born-on-third-base brat who will grow up famous, advantaged, self-entitled and given quasi-rulership over the country via the political influence his/her inheritance purchases....all because he/she chose the right hoohoo to fall out of. LONG LIVE THE GREEN!!! LONG LIVE THE GREEN!!!

July 23, 2013 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  16. Ace

Queen Ann royally blessed, figures.

July 23, 2013 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  17. Rudy NYC

tom l. wrote:

-------------
    That"s funny. All you do is complain about the leftists, who are taking over the world, coming to get you.

July 23, 2013 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  18. Liberatus

I hope all 22 of them don't ask to borrow money at the same time.

July 23, 2013 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  19. guest

Why do so many people in here harbor so much hate and resentment towards people and especially babies?

July 23, 2013 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  20. Anonymous

You lost Mitt...get over it, and go away, Oh, and could you please take Sarah Palin with you?

July 23, 2013 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  21. tom l.

@Lynda
    ""I'd much rather complain and whine about how the world is against me."

Is it? I'm sorry to hear that. I thought for sure you are a high achiever. My bad."

I am just another person who tries to do the right thing and works hard. The company I worked for went bankrupt and I had to go on unemployment. I didn't complain. I was fortunate to have UE but it was also the worst thing...it made me rely on the govt and, to be honest, didn't make me very motivated until I knew that UE was ending. It was a terrible time but I focused, reached out and moved to a new state and now work. No UE. No govt help.

I'm not sure why you mock the message of working hard rather than complaining and letting things happen to you. Sure, life isn't fair. So what? If you are disciplined and do the right thing then you should have success. The odds are enormously in your favor if you do.

July 23, 2013 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  22. Foreverwar

Wow, he has binders full of them now.

July 23, 2013 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  23. Mel

22 grandchildren....and each one knows who their father is.

July 23, 2013 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  24. JOyce

What wonderful news for the Romneys.. There is life after politics.

July 23, 2013 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  25. Strangways

another future hard right wing republican. just great!

July 23, 2013 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |