July 23rd, 2013
9 months ago

Tweet of the Day: Romney has another grandbaby

(CNN) - While the world's eye was on the royal baby Monday, plenty of other children came into the world, including Mitt Romney's latest grandchild–also a boy. "#22," he notes in his tweet.

In a nod to Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, Romney said his family is also "royally blessed."

The new Romney baby belongs to Romney's son, Josh, and his wife Jen. In February, Craig Romney and his wife, Mary, had twins.

Romney has five sons.

Filed under: Mitt Romney • Tweet of the Day
  1. OK

Marguerite

So sad how bitter many of these comments are...so they have 5 kids and 22 grandkids. Guess what? The taxpayers arent' supporting them, are they? so stop judging.

When Romney pays an effective tax rate of 13%, moves millions offshore to avoid paying taxes, takes a tax write off for his horse, takes a tax write off for contributions to his church that uses the money to oppress gay citizens, then yes, the tax payers are "supporting" them.

July 23, 2013 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  2. Lynda/Minnesota

I'm not sure why you mock the message of working hard rather than complaining and letting things happen to you. Sure, life isn't fair. So what? If you are disciplined and do the right thing then you should have success. The odds are enormously in your favor if you do.

Oh, tom. Whatever. Your "comebacks" are nearly as funny as your "sob" stories. You go after certain people (one assumes you know nothing about them but that which your own preconceived prejudices have allowed you to accept as truth) and then cry foul when you are called out for your foolishness.

I have no problem with strong work ethic. Indeed, I commend it. As well as lived it.

July 23, 2013 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  3. tom l.

@Rudy,
    "That"s funny. All you do is complain about the leftists, who are taking over the world, coming to get you."

Actually, all I do is complain about people that actually rely on the govt and think that they're here to help us. I also will complain about our ever-expanding government.

July 23, 2013 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  4. Mateo

Romneyville? I just lost my breakfast.

July 23, 2013 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  5. tom l.

@Lynda
    "(one assumes you know nothing about them but that which your own preconceived prejudices have allowed you to accept as truth)"

July 23, 2013 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  6. rs

Talk about haters. Just read all of the anger and hate towards a man and woman who were lucky enough to have another grandchild. Wow. You guys are just a bunch of anti-mormonists.
    _________________
    No, no, not at all anti- Mormon at all, just uncontrolled breeders.It is a sustainability thing. The only up side is with Mit's $50K a DAY income, at least he can pay for his.

July 23, 2013 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  7. Mr. Flibble

Why are Mormon women nothing more than baby factories?

July 23, 2013 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  8. rs

______________
    Yeah, the downside of Romney's 47% gaff. It will live with him for a long time. Too bad people like you and Romney take such offense at people daring to take the Social Security they paid ito, or have to use the VA after serving in our armed forces, or take their state or federal retirement (that they paid into), or use Medicare in their old age- they're all in that 47% my fried. As long as you hate that many Americans, you not part of the fabric of our great nation- your a 1% wannabe.

July 23, 2013 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  9. Leave the Baby Alone

Why judge the baby this early?

July 23, 2013 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  10. Sniffit

Clearly, given the size of his no doubt already-existing trust fund, this child was born without original sin.

July 23, 2013 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  11. Anonymous

Do people really care? Obama won get over it. Stop hugging the lime light. I did vote for you though but we lost so move on and find and do something else.

July 23, 2013 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  12. Thomas

Queen Ann must be happy for the new Prince of Bain Capital.

July 23, 2013 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  13. Sniffit

"Are you sure you're not talking about our good friend Sniffit here? Give me an example of my "preconceived prejudicies" because every time Sniffit makes an assumption about me it turns out to be completely wrong."

First, I make no assumptions about you. I base my opinions on what you say, which is to say, the evidence you provide of your own beliefs. Second, your tangential non sequitur ad hominem is a cheap and dirty trick.

July 23, 2013 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  14. Woman In California

Royal blessing?

The American people decided we didn't want you or your "royals" anywhere near the White House – but enjoy your new Mormon brat and make sure you indoctrinate him well in the unAmerican art of cheating, lying and superiority.

July 23, 2013 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  15. Jacqueline R.

Why is this even news? Another grandchild.. big deal. Shall we give him a medal?

July 23, 2013 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  16. Complete ignorance

If only, every child in America had the same opportunities in life as his newest grandchild will have....

July 23, 2013 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  17. Oh PLEASE

You know what, stuff it! You people that are all "how classless of you to comment negativly here! blah blah blah blah blah..." Where was his class when he put himself first above everyone else in the country? Where was his class when he tried to make second class citizens in his home state just because he had a religious disagreement with them? The point is, HE ASKED FOR THESE COMMENTS. Get over yourselves.

July 23, 2013 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  18. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Lynda/Minnesota
    before sermonizing what they haven't yet experienced
    -------------------------------------------------
    If I read between the lines correctly Lynda, my heart goes out to you.
    The Crash of '08 wreaked havoc with many a family's plans for retirement, independence from their children and the government, peace of mind, and well-earned dignity and self-respect in one's "Golden Years".
    Those Golden Years have many a senior doing Walmart greetings, and living in part off of the anorexic sustenance that food stamps provide these days.
    The American Economic Dream indeed may be alive and well but it got shot to smithereens for millions of unsuspecting, hard-working, educated Americans through no fault of their own.
    Just saying.

July 23, 2013 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  19. Lynda/Minnesota

Ah, so we are to change the subject from you to Sniffit? Not biting, Tom. Our little dance is over ...

July 23, 2013 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  20. Rudy NYC

tom l. wrote:

--------------–
    If you're talking about the "stop complaiing and work hard" message, then I it's real simple. It's completely made up. It's right wing dogma that they've made up and spoon fed you until you can regurgitate it properly. The only people talking about not working hard is the right wing. The left wing is complaining about the fact that you can work hard all of your life and still be denied simply because the playing field isn't level. And, the left knows that it was the government that tilted the field, too.

July 23, 2013 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  21. IrishinToronto

22 tax deductions, wow, that family really is blessed.

July 23, 2013 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  22. Maryellen

I was not a Romney supporter but I congratulate his family on the birth of this child. This country has gone hate crazy and it's just plain sad.

July 23, 2013 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  23. EddyL

And? He also has 22 grandparents.

July 23, 2013 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  24. Lynda/Minnesota

Dominican mama 4 Obama
    Lynda/Minnesota
    before sermonizing what they haven't yet experienced
    -----------------
    If I read between the lines correctly Lynda, my heart goes out to you.
    ---------–

Oh, my. Now you've brought tears to my eyes, girlfriend. It was hard, but we (along with millions of others) survived intact. The crash pushed my husbands retirement to the nether regions, but God willing, it will all work out in the end. We still have our dignity, his health, my health, and our little pleasures (fishing comes to mind). Our wants and needs are simple ... always have been.

In others words, yes, we have lived the been there, done that financial catastrophe without government aid. It sickens me to read some comments against those of us who did in fact pull ourselves up out of the ditch by our ... bootstraps ... and still dare to call us moochers and takers.

I'll leave it at that.

July 23, 2013 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  25. Dominican mama 4 Obama

@Rudy,

-------------------------------------------------
    Actually tom l all you do is contradict yourself, take people's posts out of context in order to...contradict them AND yourself.
    You're baffling, and predictable, saying that you people are employing "ad hominem attacks" when they call you out on your silliness.
    You're against the government like so many so-called conservatives untill you avail yourself of the same helpful programs (what did you call UNEMPLOYMENT? UE) that others have had to utilize in order to get their life backontrack. You yourself admitted that you waited until the UE almost ran out until you decided to look for a job.
    Look, we're ALL human, stop judging others misfortunes, blaming them for what you perceive as a lack of gumption , drive, hard-work.
    And stop twisting other poster's comments to suit your narrative.
    ...Or not.