July 23rd, 2013
1 year ago

Tweet of the Day: Romney has another grandbaby

(CNN) - While the world's eye was on the royal baby Monday, plenty of other children came into the world, including Mitt Romney's latest grandchild–also a boy. "#22," he notes in his tweet.

In a nod to Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, Romney said his family is also "royally blessed."

The new Romney baby belongs to Romney's son, Josh, and his wife Jen. In February, Craig Romney and his wife, Mary, had twins.

Romney has five sons.

Filed under: Mitt Romney • Tweet of the Day
  1. Kurt

Good for them! Congratulations Romney family! I think we should all be happy for a healthy baby being born.

July 23, 2013 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  2. Dominican mama 4 Obama

@ Lynda/ Minnesota
    I thought so. Glad you came through "intact".
    Although I am still working my 401 took a serious, serious hit. My future is a shell under re-construction just when I thought I could start to pick out the "furniture".

July 23, 2013 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  3. Rudy NYC

Monomachos wrote:

Every time Romney appears in the news, the sad little people who are jealous of his success and wealth come out to complain about it. Guess what: Jack Lew (Treasury Secretary) and Barack Obama have money in the Caymans – so do many other people, republican, Democrat and Independent. So what? Why do you attack Romney for being wealthy ... ...
    ------------------------
    You're having a straw man argument over an issue that you created. There is not one post in this entire thread that criticizes Mitt Romney's wealth. If you can find one, please quote it. You and other right wingers have posted all of the complaints about Romney's wealth. Don't blame liberals for making light of the fact that the Romney's think that they're royalty.

Accusing liberals of being jealous of Romney's wealth is totally laughable because their brains are not wired that way. That's how right wing brains are wired, though. You're imagining and projecting your own inner feelings onto liberals. Liberals dislike cheats and lies, of which Mitt Romney has plenty. It's not the money, it's the Mitt.

July 23, 2013 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  4. Jackie Martin

Congratulations to the Romney family!

July 23, 2013 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  5. GOPSux

I was hoping that the women in that family had all been spayed, but no such luck.

July 23, 2013 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  6. LJ

There are too many kids in this world, especially too many related to that guy.

July 23, 2013 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  7. birdynumnums

Selfish people. This planet is already so overpopulated. Please stop.

July 23, 2013 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  8. Hogan's Goat

"a blessed event. If people can do nothing other than groan about how bad they have it, they've missed the point." The point is that, like the actual Royal Baby, someone has been born who will rule over others. He will get some of the Romney millions and buy your workplace in twenty years, and you can say "Gosh! I remember when that little ratfink was born!"

July 23, 2013 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  9. Chuck

To: Dominican Mama 4 Obama
    From: Chuck

Your analysis and rebuttals to what has been said from the right is to be commended. You express yourself without malice and the words you use are politically well thought of. I make sure to read everything you write. Continue rebutting.

July 23, 2013 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  10. MilitaryAF

#1 mormon talent & life goal: breed...

July 23, 2013 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  11. donna

A successful mormon

July 23, 2013 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  12. NYKnows

Does this mean another company is going to have its future stolen to provide yet another offshore trust fund? Just asking, as a person who was laid off from a company destroyed by greed.

July 23, 2013 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  13. Jack- NYC

That is a LOT of children but congrats nonetheless...

July 23, 2013 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  14. may40

THis must make you pro-abortionists go absolutely nuts!

Congratulations Gov. and Mrs. Romney!!!!

July 23, 2013 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  15. fgvutfuy

Congratulations for what? Reproduction isn't complicated.

July 23, 2013 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  16. fgvutfu

Congratulations for what? Reproduction isn't complicated.

July 23, 2013 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  17. Buzz bar

That's nothing, the south African president Zuma has 21 KIDS. At age 67 he fathered a child with his best friends daughter. Go Africa!

July 23, 2013 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  18. fgvutf

Congratulations for what? Reproduction isn't complicated.

July 23, 2013 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  19. Lynda/Minnesota

Independent
    Lynda/Minnesota

Oh, dear. The "work hard and achieve crowd" sermonizing on a Mitt Romney article of royal succession . . . Romney style.
    ________________
    Oh, dear. The "life isn't fair I can't success which collecting my welfare check crowd" sermonizing how bad Romney is....welfare style! LOL
    ------------

Shooting blanks, are you Independent? Whatever gets you to sleep at night ... yes?

July 23, 2013 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  20. kahuna

You get lot's of extra points in the mormon religion for having lots of kids. It doesn't matter if you can support them or not. In N. Az., most of the mormons are on welfare (AHCCCS) and the state pays for them to have kids. Rather ironic since they tend to be Tea Party Republicans who claim they detest Socialism. I believe it's other peoples Socialism they despise. When they can get everything for free, it's ok.

July 23, 2013 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  21. Durundal

I still think people should have to file for a reproductive license, and noone should be allowed more than two. Period.

July 23, 2013 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  22. don

will they name him mitt the nitt?

July 23, 2013 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  23. Lynda/Minnesota

Dominican mama: "Yet like you I am thankful for my health and the ability to still have my profession, but I will not deny that the prospect of my future sometimes keeps me up at nights. Sometimes. Then I pray...hard...facing the darkness."

It was rough. I hope and pray you don't have to travel that road. We're now (he has added a second job) working on paying down our mortgage which ended up being extended past our original loan a few years. After both our job losses, we refinanced to reduce the monthly payment. Once the house is paid for, we will be where we had planned to be way back when we first started planning our retirements, minus some years. It could have been so much worse. His full retirement benefits we will never get back. For that, there is nothing we can do.

July 23, 2013 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  24. Rudy NYC

Lynda/Minnesota

Shooting blanks, are you "Independent"? Whatever gets you to sleep at night ... yes?
    -----------------
    I think it's "Steveo" with a new name.

July 23, 2013 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  25. Malory Archer

may40

THis must make you pro-abortionists go absolutely nuts!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What is a "pro-abortionist"?

July 23, 2013 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |