July 23rd, 2013
1 year ago

Tweet of the Day: Romney has another grandbaby

(CNN) - While the world's eye was on the royal baby Monday, plenty of other children came into the world, including Mitt Romney's latest grandchild–also a boy. "#22," he notes in his tweet.

In a nod to Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, Romney said his family is also "royally blessed."

The new Romney baby belongs to Romney's son, Josh, and his wife Jen. In February, Craig Romney and his wife, Mary, had twins.

Romney has five sons.

Filed under: Mitt Romney • Tweet of the Day
  1. pokey5735

Congratulations! I am happy for your whole family!

July 23, 2013 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  2. Marie MD

@ritmocojo, that is priceless :)
    Wouldn't put it past this family as the twit and queen thought the dog messing all over himself was so richly funny.

July 23, 2013 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  3. Ex Republican

Yay.... They exceeded their 2.5. They know what I mean.

July 23, 2013 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  4. Chris from Chicago

Too bad Romney didn't win last year. This definitely trumps a royal baby.

July 23, 2013 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  5. ALLuh

disgusting, they should be sterilized.

July 23, 2013 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  6. Lynda/Minnesota

Rudy: "I think it's "Steveo" with a new name."

From the "One and the Same" crowd of cross gender name changers? Could be, Rudy. Could be indeed.

July 23, 2013 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  7. GT66

It's easy to breed when you've got mountains of money to throw at nannies and can pick and choose your work. But hey, at least the Romney clan is doing their part by picking up the breeding that the middle class can no longer afford or has the time to do. They probably prefer it that way, the elites breed a better class, what do the proles have to offer? After all, everyone knows the wealthy are God's chosen people and the poor and middle classes have never contributed anything of value to society.

July 23, 2013 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  8. Hogan's Goat

"life isn't fair I can't success which collecting my welfare check crowd" What does this even mean? I can't success? Maybe he meant to say "I can't succeed." Totally agree, but then he goes on to say "which collecting my welfare check," which makes no sense at all. I guess he gets a welfare check because of his aphasia?

July 23, 2013 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  9. M.E.

So, they're Mormon, 22 grandkids isn't terribly unusual in LDS families. If you have 4 or 5 kids and each of those kids has 4 or 5 kids, it ads up! My husband is one of five from a mormon family, get-togethers are positively massive.

July 23, 2013 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  10. Lynda/Minnesota

"How do you make break a good man and make him happy with almost nothing? Reduce him to nothing a few times first. It's a feature of their economic ideology, not a bug.

I'm tipping my hat to you, Sniffit.

July 23, 2013 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  11. Tom

The only difference between the two is I'm sure the Royals baby was probably born into a Christian household. While the Mormon Romney's grandchild was borning to demonic cults house.

July 23, 2013 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  12. Hogan's Goat

"THis must make you pro-abortionists go absolutely nuts! "
    No, just begs the question "what the heck is a pro-abortionist?" What are you even talking about? A lot of people would say that if she didn't want a Romney baby, she should be allowed to abort, but it seems she volunteered for this and is ok with it. Is a pro-abortionist someone who wants ALL babies aborted? Do they come in flying saucers, grampaw? Tell us more.

July 23, 2013 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  13. Hogan's Goat

"everyone knows the wealthy are God's chosen people" Be fair. George Romney was a poor Mexican immigrant who worked like a dog to get rich. I suspect Mitt is the poolboy's son.

July 23, 2013 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  14. Steven CaboWabo

A true old fashioned Mormon at heart. Pump out more kids in an over populated world.

July 23, 2013 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  15. lagunalady27

This grosses me out. If we all procreated at the rate of this family...ick! I find it disrespectful to planet to crank out babies like they are jelly beans. Hey, I find it disrespectful to the babies that are already here, to keep cranking out more. It is like the ones they have already are not "enough". Stop it already. Love the babies you have!

July 23, 2013 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  16. Olaf Big

Isn't it time somebody told Romneys about contraception?

July 23, 2013 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  17. Family Values

I just clicked on this article to see all the hateful comments about a strong and successful family. I know that Obama's new America is supposed to be filled with children born to unwed mothers on public assistance who grow up having numerous children of their own with no family structure for two or more generations.

July 23, 2013 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  18. bratex1218

Such earth shattering news!

July 23, 2013 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  19. Independent

Rudy NYC

Independent wrote:

Oh and a crappy phone job by the way but it helped me get through college ON MY OWN!!!!
    ---–
    A crappy phone job wouldn't even pay your rent nowadays, much less an annual tuition that amounts to buying a new luxury car every year.
    __________________
    It sure did buddy, when you live carefully and go to a community college (my wife worked for the same company doing the same thing to help pay the rent, now she stays home with the kids)!!! I work all the overtime they offered and MADE it work!!! And this was not a long time ago, I finished school about a year ago and already make 6 figures because of the education!!!

July 23, 2013 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  20. Willy

Well i'm glad to see this demographic of people are populating the planet.

July 23, 2013 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  21. Independent

Hogan's Goat

" it is not Bain driving these companies to outsourceing, it is the policy of our government" Dream on. Bain Capital buys failing businesses and kills them for profit. This was Mitt's business model for the USA: sell off parts of it to overseas buyers. Sorry, there's no government policy to drive people out of business, that's just what they tell you to keep your vote. "Don't get me wrong, some regulation is needed but BO has gone way to far!" Where were you during the Cheney Adminstration, when the president stayed drunk in Texas and the VP led us into two wars? Cheering? We overspent and the money's gone, and that's what's hurting the economy.
    ___________________
    What in the world does that have to do with outsourcing?????? And NO I DID NOT and DO NOT agree with the wars, in fact I think America needs to worry about America and not the rest of the world, we have enough problems here!!!

July 23, 2013 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  22. lroy

How about the two babies switching for the day.The new prince will be a Mormon and the Romney baby can be a prince.

July 23, 2013 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  23. Jez

He's polluting the planet

July 23, 2013 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  24. ken

Living up to the Mexican heritage.

July 23, 2013 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  25. Independent

Rudy NYC

Monomachos wrote:

Every time Romney appears in the news, the sad little people who are jealous of his success and wealth come out to complain about it. Guess what: Jack Lew (Treasury Secretary) and Barack Obama have money in the Caymans – so do many other people, republican, Democrat and Independent. So what? Why do you attack Romney for being wealthy ... ...
    --------
    You're having a straw man argument over an issue that you created. There is not one post in this entire thread that criticizes Mitt Romney's wealth. If you can find one, please quote it. You and other right wingers have posted all of the complaints about Romney's wealth. Don't blame liberals for making light of the fact that the Romney's think that they're royalty.

Accusing liberals of being jealous of Romney's wealth is totally laughable because their brains are not wired that way. That's how right wing brains are wired, though. You're imagining and projecting your own inner feelings onto liberals. Liberals dislike cheats and lies, of which Mitt Romney has plenty. It's not the money, it's the Mitt.
    _________________
    Are you kidding, I could point out many, but why would I, you still would be jealous and make up some BS excuse about how that is not about money.....I will name a couple examples so you can do this....how about all the Cayman Island money, tax comments....I could go on. You are not fooling anyone but maybe yourself!!!

July 23, 2013 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |