Gearing up for health exchanges: crunch time for Obamacare
July 24th, 2013
9 months ago

Gearing up for health exchanges: crunch time for Obamacare

Washington (CNN) – A calendar on the office wall of senior White House communications adviser Tara McGuiness counts the days until marketplaces under the sweeping health care law championed by President Barack Obama open in states nationwide.

McGuinness and others working to insure the uninsured have fewer than 10 weeks until open enrollment in state and federally managed insurance exchanges begins on October 1.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Health care • President Obama
  1. Gurgyl

Every thing will go good. Nothing to fear. Good lucks, Obama. Implement it show the world your strength. Good lucks.
    PS: this implementation is long over-due.

July 24, 2013 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  2. Pete

Republicans are praying the ACA bill never gets off the ground ..They're happy about the years extentions on businesses and hoping it'll get slowed by more red tape..Republicans are scared that once its implimented like Medicare,Medicaid it'll be a national hit and republicans just like before will be seen with more than egg on their faces!!Remember it was Roosevelt that helped create,impliment SocialSecurity and LBJ in doing the same for Medicare and back on both republicans said they'd be wastes of tax payers money and wouldn't last,how wrong they were,AGAIN!!!

July 24, 2013 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  3. simplyput

Way past being one of the *young invincibles,* the ACA has helped my older/vulnerable self for almost three years. With premiums already almost $445 a month through ACA, the state of Texas will utilize a federally funded exchange which will not allow subsidies to help with costs. Help has been from family until now, and 2014 ends it. What happens to people like me? The sick make the ACA unaffordable. The law will now tax me, and I won't be insured. Any hollywood folks to make sense of this?

July 24, 2013 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  4. Name

because of Aetna better health my son almost died because no doctor would take me throughout my pregnancy because of that medical card that he put everyone on SSI on...

July 24, 2013 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  5. ThinkAgain

I'm thankful I live in a state that has a Democratic governor and consequently does NOT have its head up its fanny. We will be ready for the exchanges and our residents will be better off for it.

July 25, 2013 12:51 am at 12:51 am |