Obama touts economic agenda, GOP says he's 'all sizzle, no steak'
July 25th, 2013
9 months ago

Obama touts economic agenda, GOP says he's 'all sizzle, no steak'

Jacksonville, Florida (CNN) - For the third time in two days, President Obama left Washington on Thursday to deliver the message that it's time for politicians to refocus on economic policies that help the middle class.

Promising to deliver more speeches throughout the fall on issues like home ownership and education, the president criticized his opponents in congress for trying to defund his domestic priorities.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Florida • President Obama
  1. California

The only thing this administration has left in it is more scandals.

July 25, 2013 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  2. Feisty Redhead Roselle, IL

You tell them Mr. President. Divert as much attention as you can from the phony scandals the MSM keep bringing.

July 25, 2013 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  3. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Lynda/Minnesota
    My earlier comment(s) to Rudy ended up so garbled that even I have a hard time deciding just what it is I said, or wanted to say
    -------------------------------------------------
    I spat my afternoon tea all over my keyboard when I read this post of yours Lynda!!
    It was your turn to crack me up my friend!!
    CNN has us roaming these threads trying to "hook-up" with each other like desert wanderers, don't they?! LOL!
    All part of the fun though.
    I don't even know if this will get posted as it has nothing to do with "sizzle and steak" story; and if it DOES get posted will you get to see it?!
    Too funny! Gotta love it!
    Say goodnite Gracie!!

July 25, 2013 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  4. Gurgyl

GOP is doomed. It is dead now for a decade ot two. For sure. No one with brain likes them. Nasty thugs of USA...

July 25, 2013 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  5. Marie MD

Speaking of sizzle. I am surprised that with all the alcohol emanating from him that the weeper doesn't light himself on fire when he lights up.

July 25, 2013 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  6. CaliLiberal

Congress should be judged on the laws they repeal – FAIL
    John Boehner asks where are the jobs? – FAIL – John Boehner and GOP has spent all of 2013 on Benghazi, IRS, NSA, and Abortion, where are the jobs Mr. Speaker?
    Austerity, Keystone XL, and voucherize Medicare is not an economic plan, unfortunately, many voters are too ignorant or spiteful to realize that.

July 25, 2013 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  7. Wes

I cannot believe this idiot is actually our president.

July 25, 2013 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  8. Rick McDaniel

Obama is a fraud. All he is after, is VOTES for Democrats.........to complete his take over of America, and solidify his role as dictator in chief.

He cares NOT about people......he cares about POWER!

July 25, 2013 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  9. Gunderson

Aw,
    Fumes. Obama run on fumes. Same old story. Some of you need Nanny State. True?

July 25, 2013 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  10. Mightyduk

If the loud mouth republicans would join him in doing something, anything positive we would go far.

July 25, 2013 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  11. Evergreen

Republicans, do something to help get this economy going...or do the have a vested interest in assuring China's economy overtake us because so many of our corporations are heavily invested there.

July 25, 2013 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  12. Dallas

I'm so sick of these useless republicans I could scream. Nothing but obstructionists. Vote them all out.

July 25, 2013 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  13. MaryM

The GOP is all Hat and No Cattle

July 25, 2013 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  14. Bob Batson

GOP right again.

July 25, 2013 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  15. Leftcoastrocky

"As many as 1.6 million new jobs could be added to the U.S. economy if Congress simply canceled the budget cuts implemented due to sequestration from Aug. 1, 2013, to the end of September 2014, a new non-partisan study has concluded."

July 25, 2013 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  16. just me

Cali, these aren't scandals. They're manufactured publcity grabbers for republicans by republicans.

July 25, 2013 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |