July 25th, 2013
1 year ago

Weiner estimates he sexted three women after resigning

(CNN) - Anthony Weiner, the embattled New York City mayoral candidate who admitted this week to sending raunchy chats to a young woman last summer, estimated Thursday he had online relationships with three different women after his 2011 resignation from Congress.

But speaking at a news conference, the Democrat said he couldn't say for sure how many more women might come forward.

"There are a few. I don't have a specific number for you," Weiner said. "There are people I've had exchanges with that are completely appropriate, and that there are no pictures or illicit texts or anything. Now if those people want to say they don't like the exchanges we had either, I don't know where to put them."

READ MORE: Weiner's poll numbers tumble

Weiner stepped down from his House seat in 2011 after admitting to sending lewd photos and messages to multiple women online. He pointed out Thursday that when he left the House of Representatives, he admitted to exchanging messages with six women.

He then provided a rough total of how many women he's engaged with sexually online.

"It's not dozens and dozens," he said. "It's six to ten, I suppose, but I can't tell you absolutely what people are going to consider inappropriate or not."

READ MORE: Pelosi blasts Weiner: Do your therapy in private

Pressed to provide a guess as to how many of those relationships occurred after his resignation, Weiner said, "I don't believe I had any more than three."

Weiner has resisted calls from his rivals to withdraw from the race for New York City mayor, saying the decision of whether he's trustworthy enough for the job should be up to voters.

Sources: Huma Abedin considered leaving Weiner last fall

Weiner resists calls to withdraw as woman who received messages is identified

Why Anthony Weiner's problem is ours, too

Filed under: Anthony Weiner • New York
  1. comeblowyourhorn

weiner and huma are 2 cheap opportunists who need to fade into the woodwork......

July 25, 2013 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  2. Dan

And there are STILL Dems in NY that will vote for this guy. What dolts!!

July 25, 2013 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  3. Rick

None the less, he's my hero. Im sure the chicks liked the pics of his weiner, some gold digger just complained because they thought they would get some money out of him!

July 25, 2013 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  4. UhHaCaughtU

An exorcism may do a brother some good in the case of Weiner.

July 25, 2013 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  5. Lardoggy

Women,if your man is doing this to you DUMP HIM asap,he's not worth the time,coming from a real man who has love only for his wife of 35 years!

July 25, 2013 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  6. Scott

NYC deserves a better mayor than him. Why are we even following him?

July 25, 2013 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  7. Mr Dalloway

America, the land of sanctimonius people

July 25, 2013 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  8. Perry White

Headline "I Am Married to a Perve" the Huma Abedin story.

July 25, 2013 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  9. Josh

Let's see hear...one, two...er...two...er...one, three...er...one, two, three. Yay! Weiner can count to three!!! Makes you wonder if he just gave up and made the 'estimate' for three due to the shear difficulty of getting there.

July 25, 2013 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  10. Christopher

I can't decide which train wreck to follow on CNN. The one in Spain or the one in New York.

July 25, 2013 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  11. UhHaCaughtU

This man can not be trusted around single women and especially children....he'll finally progress to putting them into headlocks and forcing them if he holds an office.

July 25, 2013 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  12. Gwats

Looks like the joke is on Mr. Wiener this time!
    Even his wife can't save him this time!

July 25, 2013 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  13. harnof48

That man is plumb pitiful.

July 25, 2013 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  14. I won't say

I probably shouldn’t say this but I’ve done what Weiner is doing. Therefore, I strongly suggest he should withdraw from the mayoral race. I don’t think he is capable of running a city when he can’t control himself. The impulses to do what he is doing can too easily overcome your judgment. I know from personal experience. He needs to get help. He seems to be a “monger”, a “hobbyist”.

As for his wife, I can only imaging the pain she is going through. Why she hasn’t left him is her own personal decision and it should be respected.

This is reminding me of all the pain that I cause to my loved ones. I hate myself for causing all of that pain as well as for my actions.

July 25, 2013 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  15. thedailyheard

“In politics we presume that everyone who knows how to get votes knows how to administer a city or a state. When we are ill... we do not ask for the handsomest physician, or the most eloquent one.”

July 25, 2013 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  16. labman57

Weiner redux.

Second verse, same as the first.
    A little more repugnant and a little more perverse.

July 25, 2013 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  17. Imagine

With a face like that no wonder he had to text a picture of another part of his body.
    He thinks he is "trustworthy"? Ugly and delutional at the same time.

July 25, 2013 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  18. Brad

The only way his antics could be more amusing is if Comedy Central did a Weiner Roast.

July 25, 2013 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  19. John M,

The guy's a pervert. New York deserves leaders like him.

July 25, 2013 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  20. fgn jew

dude i don't care just get lost already

July 25, 2013 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  21. James

This guy is a complete loser.. I can't believe there's people out there even considering voting for this clown !

July 25, 2013 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  22. chris

why. does. this. woman. stay. with. this. sick. creep? gals, if you stay with some1 like him, you get what you deserve, he is a gread AAA loser... he has no future in politics and he was even given a 2nd chance, dump him honey, you're not doing women's lib (or yourself) any favors staying with this fool... people loved clinton, your hubby IS NO CLINTON!

July 25, 2013 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  23. LL Cool J

@Yikes, yeah, he looks like Barbra Streisand. The air is free that's why they got such strange looking noses. :)

July 25, 2013 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  24. Anonymous

is it just me or does his head seem really big and his neck really skinny.

July 25, 2013 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  25. Carl, Secaucus, NJ

What's insulting is when they apologize by dragging out their spouse and children, because that just reinforces how political the whole apology is. If it was truly a personal issue about hurting your family, you wouldn't make them come to the press conference with you.

July 25, 2013 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |