July 25th, 2013
1 year ago

Weiner estimates he sexted three women after resigning

(CNN) - Anthony Weiner, the embattled New York City mayoral candidate who admitted this week to sending raunchy chats to a young woman last summer, estimated Thursday he had online relationships with three different women after his 2011 resignation from Congress.

But speaking at a news conference, the Democrat said he couldn't say for sure how many more women might come forward.

"There are a few. I don't have a specific number for you," Weiner said. "There are people I've had exchanges with that are completely appropriate, and that there are no pictures or illicit texts or anything. Now if those people want to say they don't like the exchanges we had either, I don't know where to put them."

READ MORE: Weiner's poll numbers tumble

Weiner stepped down from his House seat in 2011 after admitting to sending lewd photos and messages to multiple women online. He pointed out Thursday that when he left the House of Representatives, he admitted to exchanging messages with six women.

He then provided a rough total of how many women he's engaged with sexually online.

READ MORE: Pelosi blasts Weiner: Do your therapy in private

Pressed to provide a guess as to how many of those relationships occurred after his resignation, Weiner said, "I don't believe I had any more than three."

Weiner has resisted calls from his rivals to withdraw from the race for New York City mayor, saying the decision of whether he's trustworthy enough for the job should be up to voters.

Sources: Huma Abedin considered leaving Weiner last fall

Weiner resists calls to withdraw as woman who received messages is identified

Why Anthony Weiner's problem is ours, too

Filed under: Anthony Weiner • New York
  1. Ima Mused

"It's not dozens and dozens," he said. "It's six to ten, I suppose, but I can't tell you absolutely what people are going to consider inappropriate or not." Um.....the FIRST one was inapprorpiate. Sorry Mrs. Weiner, I can no longer feel the least bit sorry for you. You chose......poorly.

July 25, 2013 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  2. MizzouGrad

Can't wait for the headline....."New York gets the Wiener". How apropos.

July 25, 2013 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  3. Lor

Huma...Stop listening to your previous boss!! The women of the world are watching you!! Do you not have any respect for yourself or are you throwing that aside to gain publicity for your political future. That's how it's done!

July 25, 2013 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  4. Mark

Typical Liberal

July 25, 2013 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  5. kritt11

He thinks???NY Democrats are turning on this guy - as they should. He should be in therapy, not in politics

July 25, 2013 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  6. mike

He looks like a really old lizard.

July 25, 2013 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  7. reader10

This man do not know what shame is.
    Lets see how New Yorkers are, stupid or smart.

July 25, 2013 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  8. Ljuba B.

Basically, Anthony Weiner is a flasher. As a former New Yorker, I don't think I would want a psychologically disturbed person for a mayor

July 25, 2013 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  9. Aletheya

"Mark- Typical Liberal"

Yeah? Here's my answer: Sen. Larry Craig. Typical conservative.

July 25, 2013 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  10. Ctrygrl

Please just quit and get some help.

July 25, 2013 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  11. Mujeeb

Forgiveness is Divine.

July 25, 2013 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  12. Craig Kreuter

There's MORE Junk Mail?

July 25, 2013 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  13. Jim

I can't believe this is news!! There are SO MANY more important issues to report on.

July 25, 2013 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  14. Tom

What an amazing ego this weasel has.

July 25, 2013 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  15. dick Delson

for the world of me, I don't understand why she stays with him? He's a total idiot.

July 25, 2013 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  16. David Stone

So....he can't even be trusted by his own family...but the people of NYC are supposed to trust him. Got it.

July 25, 2013 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  17. Cd

Dear Huma,
    Is this the man you want your son to grow up and emulate? He is not a role model for your son, a leader for the city or a suitable husband for you. Sorry, please take care of your son and yourself.

July 25, 2013 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  18. Ed

This guy is great. The delusion is strong with this one.

July 25, 2013 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  19. Tasscnn

The perfect liberal. No accountability and no responsibility. "We must not judge"! I hope he and Spitzer both get elected and Huma is Hillary's VP. The wonderful world of liberalism where "personal failings" are true resume enhancers.

July 25, 2013 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  20. Rob

Antony Weiner is unfit to be elected to, or hold, public office. Weiner's candidacy for Mayor of New Tork City is an absolute joke.

July 25, 2013 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  21. NancyBee

Huma, I have no idea what you're thinking, to forgive that miserable excuse for a husband, but if it were me, I'd kick him to the curb so fast, his head would swim. Do you actually think you are going to get something GOOD out of forgiving him? Like a lifetime meal ticket? Have a little pride!

July 25, 2013 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  22. me

He means the ones that may come forward. Only God knows how many he actually sent. He gets more disgusting by the day. And his wife too for letting him do it.

July 25, 2013 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  23. Loathstheright

So is Weiner sure he isn't a Republican, his personal life sure sounds like one. But Republicans like voting for felons, and Weiner isn't a felon, so I guess he will run as a Democrat.

July 25, 2013 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  24. Name

He needs to give it a break and go sit down somewhere...the nerve!!!

July 25, 2013 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  25. jeauxntx

Gee, NY people have odd taste in celeb,,that ugly little f*** couldn't get a date in TX if he paid for it!

July 25, 2013 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |