July 25th, 2013
1 year ago

Weiner estimates he sexted three women after resigning

(CNN) - Anthony Weiner, the embattled New York City mayoral candidate who admitted this week to sending raunchy chats to a young woman last summer, estimated Thursday he had online relationships with three different women after his 2011 resignation from Congress.

But speaking at a news conference, the Democrat said he couldn't say for sure how many more women might come forward.

"There are a few. I don't have a specific number for you," Weiner said. "There are people I've had exchanges with that are completely appropriate, and that there are no pictures or illicit texts or anything. Now if those people want to say they don't like the exchanges we had either, I don't know where to put them."

READ MORE: Weiner's poll numbers tumble

Weiner stepped down from his House seat in 2011 after admitting to sending lewd photos and messages to multiple women online. He pointed out Thursday that when he left the House of Representatives, he admitted to exchanging messages with six women.

He then provided a rough total of how many women he's engaged with sexually online.

"It's not dozens and dozens," he said. "It's six to ten, I suppose, but I can't tell you absolutely what people are going to consider inappropriate or not."

READ MORE: Pelosi blasts Weiner: Do your therapy in private

Pressed to provide a guess as to how many of those relationships occurred after his resignation, Weiner said, "I don't believe I had any more than three."

Weiner has resisted calls from his rivals to withdraw from the race for New York City mayor, saying the decision of whether he's trustworthy enough for the job should be up to voters.

Sources: Huma Abedin considered leaving Weiner last fall

Weiner resists calls to withdraw as woman who received messages is identified

Why Anthony Weiner's problem is ours, too

Filed under: Anthony Weiner • New York
  1. David Stone

People of NYC supporting this guy = clueless

This guys wife = MORE clueless

July 25, 2013 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  2. David

At what point is this guy going to realize this is a mental health issue and seek some professional help? This isn't even remotely funny.

July 25, 2013 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  3. faboge

he is just as twisted as the republicans!

July 25, 2013 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  4. Grace

It's not dozens and dozens guyz, it might be slightly less than a dozen which ain't so bad. Lol how can you lose track of the number of women you sent your junk too?

July 25, 2013 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  5. TruthwillPrevail

Only One Word comes to mind....DISGUSTING......and it says so much about the direction...the values....the image we are giving to our children...to our next generations!

July 25, 2013 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  6. Karen

If coke head Marion Barry can be a mayor, anyone can be.

July 25, 2013 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  7. PhilipCNN

I hope those he texts with haven't seen him...ugh!

July 25, 2013 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  8. iBabble

Weiner - Just go away!!!
    You are a weasel of the worst kind.

July 25, 2013 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  9. John

Weiner – enough said

July 25, 2013 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  10. William

Bet he's still doing it with somebody right now

July 25, 2013 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  11. Elsie

This guy is living in fantasyland...I wish his poor wife would cut bait and move on. There's making a mistake and being forgiven, and then there's...this!

July 25, 2013 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  12. us_1776

Huma, if you were my daughter, I'd be advising you to leave this guy.

You don't need him. You have enough going in your own rite.

July 25, 2013 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  13. bence

that is one of the reasons our country is in such bad shape. People like him are running it or they want to help run it. I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher if I lived in New York City heaven forbid

July 25, 2013 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  14. Dobber140

There is something missing in that relationship!! She is no Michelle !!

July 25, 2013 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  15. Mike

Really? This is the headline? Nothing about the anti-NSA bill getting shot down in the house?????

July 25, 2013 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  16. David

I can only imagine what the parody may be like on Saturday Night Live this weekend.

July 25, 2013 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  17. Jared

I want to know how many guys he has sent his special message to?

July 25, 2013 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  18. Deb

I feel that these types of questions are getting old. I don't care about what he does in his private life. People better start caring more about if he can do the job. I care more about the problems in our economy than his bedroom.

July 25, 2013 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  19. Name Phsyco Frog

Wiener Huma should take you're internet phone away from you . You are being so foolish you already have a beautiful wife you are lucky she still wants to be with you after all this . I wish I had a wife as pretty as yours , and that was as smart as yours you are so lucky that she is so understanding.

July 25, 2013 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  20. s

Where are all the racist comments

July 25, 2013 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  21. chuck

With a name like Weiner, you know it's good.

July 25, 2013 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  22. Ken

Stop showing his ugly face, looking at it is excruciating and unfortunately unavoidable when browsing CNN. Just bury this guy from the news cycles already.

July 25, 2013 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  23. Johnp40

Weiner is the new poster-boy for the Democrat Party. (Gotta love it!)

July 25, 2013 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  24. aj

He's so skinny.

July 25, 2013 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  25. rover2

if this alleged candidate somehow continues to campaign and get support, "your deity here" save us.......

July 25, 2013 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |