July 25th, 2013
1 year ago

Weiner estimates he sexted three women after resigning

(CNN) - Anthony Weiner, the embattled New York City mayoral candidate who admitted this week to sending raunchy chats to a young woman last summer, estimated Thursday he had online relationships with three different women after his 2011 resignation from Congress.

But speaking at a news conference, the Democrat said he couldn't say for sure how many more women might come forward.

"There are a few. I don't have a specific number for you," Weiner said. "There are people I've had exchanges with that are completely appropriate, and that there are no pictures or illicit texts or anything. Now if those people want to say they don't like the exchanges we had either, I don't know where to put them."

READ MORE: Weiner's poll numbers tumble

Weiner stepped down from his House seat in 2011 after admitting to sending lewd photos and messages to multiple women online. He pointed out Thursday that when he left the House of Representatives, he admitted to exchanging messages with six women.

He then provided a rough total of how many women he's engaged with sexually online.

"It's not dozens and dozens," he said. "It's six to ten, I suppose, but I can't tell you absolutely what people are going to consider inappropriate or not."

READ MORE: Pelosi blasts Weiner: Do your therapy in private

Pressed to provide a guess as to how many of those relationships occurred after his resignation, Weiner said, "I don't believe I had any more than three."

Weiner has resisted calls from his rivals to withdraw from the race for New York City mayor, saying the decision of whether he's trustworthy enough for the job should be up to voters.

Sources: Huma Abedin considered leaving Weiner last fall

Weiner resists calls to withdraw as woman who received messages is identified

Why Anthony Weiner's problem is ours, too

Filed under: Anthony Weiner • New York
  1. TheWix

If he can juggle 9 or 10 women (who apparently were all consenting adults), including his wife...then maybe he IS the right choice for managing New York...He's proven to all that he can Multi-Task with the best of them!!

July 25, 2013 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  2. Larrynyc

We all make mistakes and when I thought this was a one-time thing I was leaning towards voting for him. Now that I know he continued this behavior even after he was forced to resign his seat in congress it is clear to me that this wasn't a momentary lapse in judgment but rather part of a larger addiction and lack of character. While I have not yet decided whom I will vote for, I have decided that it will not be Mr. Weiner.

July 25, 2013 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  3. JohnHuggybear

Forgive you we do... vote for you, we do not..

July 25, 2013 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  4. ME

Really? So many he can only estimate? This man just needs to go away.

July 25, 2013 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  5. foolislibs

When he says 6 or 7, that probably means a lot more.

July 25, 2013 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  6. J

The shocking part of this is none of the young ladies have turned out to be dudes!

July 25, 2013 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  7. scranton

Stick a fork in him.

July 25, 2013 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  8. Bill from Long Island

Weiner is a slug acting like a slug, but his wife knows better. She knows he has these weaknesses... infidelity, dishonesty, perversion.. and yet she still supports him as Mayor of a key city in the United States. Her focus is herself, not the office. She just a Muslim Hillary Clinton.

July 25, 2013 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  9. blake

Add compulsive lying to the list of reasons that Weiner has no business even thinking about public service.

July 25, 2013 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  10. IrishinToronto

His campaign must have quite the social media component...

July 25, 2013 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  11. NeoGraphix

This guy has some serious issues. He needs to step away from politics and get professional help.

July 25, 2013 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  12. MJ

Why do politicians always think they are smart enough to get away with this type of stuff. In this day in age will all the technology you simply can't hide this type of behavior. If this guy will do this stuff to his family want makes anyone think he will look after his constituents. This guy is a scumbag and I will be disappointed if New Yorkers even give him a chance.

July 25, 2013 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  13. Just Jen

So the guy is a creep for sure and his wife needs to get a clue no doubt...what I am having a hard time with is how is he the only bad guy in this?! Those women are just as guilty!! Women who engage in an affair, whether it be a political figure or not, are the women who make it easy for guys like this do behave like dogs!! If these "women" had any respect for themselves they may just consider if they were on the other end of this!! It is also a concern that this is all one sided...WOMEN CHEAT TOO!! Keep your promises when you get married or walk away...don't claim that you love someone and turn your back just to mess with someone else...its disgusting!! that's why STDs run rampant not because of who we are but because of choices we as a people make!
    One more thing...don't assume if they cheat with you they wont cheat on you!!!

July 25, 2013 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  14. dH

When the Wealth is lost nothing is lost,
    When the Health is lost something is lost,
    When the CHARACTER is lost, everything is lost.

July 25, 2013 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  15. PTNY

Carlos Danger

I can't stop shaking my head...LOL

July 25, 2013 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  16. Shawn

Nothing like authentic repenting when someone comes clean, only because they want a prominent position. What a tool. (that's what she said)

July 25, 2013 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  17. Not New Yorker

He's a complete loser and so is anyone who would ever vote for him. Good luck NY. If you get him, you can all go down in flames together for all I care.

July 25, 2013 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  18. RSVP

Unless the number of women that he communicated with in any manner other than professionally isn't "0", then he doesn't deserve to be mayor or a husband.

July 25, 2013 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  19. Jubal

Why's he got his hand over his mouth? Is he trying to hold back the vomit, pressed against the back of his front teeth.

July 25, 2013 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  20. TheOriginalME

So, he cheated on his wife with about 10 women, and she still with him?, and he still think people will vote for him?, that's just twisted

July 25, 2013 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  21. Rob

This guy, Anthony Weiner is a joke ! How could anyone vote for this loser. Weiner must be in outer space on some other planet if he thinks that he is going to become the next mayor of NYC.

July 25, 2013 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  22. John

Is he really the best candidate New York City has to offer? I wouldn't trust this guy to mow my lawn let alone run my city.

July 25, 2013 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  23. Blair

This dude has a problem.
    It's called sexual addiction. I'm sure he's still not telling the entire truth. "it's not dozens an dozens..." lol! That probably means it's dozens and dozens.

July 25, 2013 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  24. me

This guy is SICK. Don't reward is behavior by giving him your vote/voice. DON'T VOTE FOR HIM.

July 25, 2013 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  25. Lawless4U

What I don't understand is why anyone cares? It's between him, his wife and God.

Look at it this way: Bill Clinton was a cheater yet he was a far better President than either Bush, better than Reagan and got more accomplished than Obama.

July 25, 2013 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |