July 31st, 2013
9 months ago

State Rep. Mike Bost rants to protect rules, constitution and children

(CNN) - Illinois State Rep. Mike Bost, a Republican, is known for his spirited rants on the General Assembly floor, which have gone viral on YouTube. Bost spoke to CNN's Kate Bolduan about running for U.S. Congress in Illinois, what sets him off, and why Congress may "need more passion."

"There are only about two things that really bother me," Bost said on CNN's "New Day." "When I'm working in the General Assembly and someone just violates the rules and therefore takes those rules away from my constituents and my ability to defend my constituents and work on certain pieces of legislations, that's a problem."

FULL STORY

Filed under: Illinois
  1. Data Driven

Isn't the incessant flashing ad on the right side of this page for your Fox & Friends wannabe show enough, CNN? Do the stories themselves have to be ads, too?

Silly me, I guess they do.

July 31, 2013 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  2. Rudy NYC

Where do Republicans keep finding these people? Actually, they don't. They've always been around, folks. It just seems that since the election of Barack Obama as POTUS in 2008, they have been coming out of the closet in droves. I've heard some say that a certain demographic has gone crazy. No. There's has always been a crazy segment. They would be the ones that like hold their breathe. And now, they have no shame in letting their true feelings burst out. It would seem that what most people view as crazy has now become a badge of honor on the hyper-right.

July 31, 2013 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  3. Lynda/Minnesota

"...And if you’re going to violate the Constitution, either of Illinois or the United States, I have a problem with that. That and protecting my children are probably the things that would do that.”

Oh, dear. Another GOP bloviator making headline news. You folks really need to start worrying about those "children" you drag into conversations ... and how those "children" perceive adults whose egos are so large that adults can't work together to find solutions for not only Illinois - I daresay America's - problems, and instead feel the need to make fools out of themselves to achieve their 15 minutes of national T.V. fame.

Only then can the Grand Old Party come to understand just why most adult Americans are laughing at (not with) these newly minted media hog bloviators.

It will be a good day in America when rants and disrespect and whining is not to be ENcouraged, but is rather, DIScouraged.

July 31, 2013 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  4. Lynda/Minnesota

"If you're a Republican woman, the GOP wants you. To run for Congress, that is."

And to follow up with my previous comment that may or may not be posted, GOP condescension towards women continues. Sharron Angle. Christine McDonnell. Sarah Palin. Michele Bachmann. Virginia Foxx. Oh, and so many, many more. Gosh. There are already too many woman republicans who have ran, are running, or won their little "victory's". And yet, not one mention from GOP establishment on how utterly damaging these women sound in public life. The only thing I can figure out is (a) GOPer men actually think these types of women represent the norm in American womanhood; (b) GOPer men are "amused" by their woman counterparts; (c) GOPer men really, really don't want women to "run" for Congress at all; (d) GOPer men are content to sit back and watch their women make utter fools of themselves; because (e) it "guarantees" more GOPer men than GOPer women will be elected.

July 31, 2013 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  5. Rudy NYC

This man makes a strong argument against home schooling. Listen to this man, then go to the "narcissism" page at Wiki-you-know-where and read about the symptoms. Amazing. Hate to say it, but Weiner is an even better fit.

July 31, 2013 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  6. Sniffit

"New Day" = Vapid Tripe Flinging. Get journalism or get bent.

July 31, 2013 11:53 am at 11:53 am |