Weiner spox who called intern c-word tweets photo of 'swear jar'
July 31st, 2013
9 months ago

Weiner spox who called intern c-word tweets photo of 'swear jar'

(CNN) - The Anthony Weiner spokeswoman whose vulgar rant about a former intern went viral late Tuesday sent a photo of a "swear jar" to her Twitter followers Wednesday with a message of regret.

Barbara Morgan issued an apology Tuesday for the tirade, in which she referred to a former intern who wrote an article about the Weiner campaign in the New York Daily News with a variety of explicit terms.

"In a moment of frustration, I used inappropriate language in what I thought was an off the record conversation," Morgan said in a statement to CNN. "It was wrong and I am very sorry." Morgan added that she called and apologized Tuesday night to the former intern, Olivia Nuzzi.

Nuzzi later said she accepted Morgan's apology.

Filed under: Anthony Weiner
  1. Data Driven

I must protest at this new Beltway/journo term "spox".

Just say spokesperson, for gods sake.

July 31, 2013 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  2. Dominican mama 4 Obama

That swear jar with the VISA stuck inside is hilarious!
    Glad you apologized to the intern and recognized that it your behavior was inappropriate.
    If my mutterings regarding some of the people I have to work with were ever deciphered or recorded I'd be sued, fired and dismembered.

July 31, 2013 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  3. it must be said

Democrats and leftist liberals have no real respect for woman. They prove that every day. They just want to use woman for their political ends, just like they use every else. Wake up women. Filner, Weiner, Spitzer, ... How many will it take before you understand you are being played by the Democrats?

July 31, 2013 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  4. Rudy NYC

The fact that such language is acceptable in a professional atmosphere, as long as it's off the record, speaks volumes about the leadership. Doesn't tolerance for this sort of behavior begin at the top because the top is doing it, too?

July 31, 2013 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  5. I'm NOT a liberal

It's the democrat way.

This is nothing new or unexpected people.

July 31, 2013 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  6. Weiner's wife..."I respect him"

"I love him. I respect him"....etc...please do this in private and move on with your lives....!

July 31, 2013 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  7. Steveo

The student has become the teacher! Good on Ms.Nuzzi for accepting the apology!

July 31, 2013 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  8. Thomas

The Weiner campaign is a joke !

It's sad to see him act a leader , he's not !

And we want our kids to understand the importance of public service ?

July 31, 2013 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  9. truth hurts but reality bites

Way to keep it classy Democrats.... Now which "C word" was used? So many apply to this campaign! Clueless? Classless?? Convict??? Criminal???? Creepy?????

July 31, 2013 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  10. just sayin

any woman that would work for the weiner campaign needs to have her head examined.

July 31, 2013 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  11. Lynda/Minnesota

"And we want our kids to understand the importance of public service ?"

So many of our public service leaders have become too "reality T.V." for my taste. This is not a guy I would ever vote for. Nor do I consider him a "leader".

July 31, 2013 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |