Ninth woman says San Diego mayor sexually harassed her
August 2nd, 2013
9 months ago

Ninth woman says San Diego mayor sexually harassed her

(CNN) - A ninth woman is accusing San Diego Mayor Bob Filner of sexual harassment.

Emily Gilbert told CNN affiliate KSWB that she was hired to sing at a fundraising event shortly after Filner took office in December. The mayor grabbed her, slide his hand down her arm and groped her behind, she told the station.

FULL STORY

Filed under: California
  1. Lynda/Minnesota

Can the citizens of SD not recall this man and be done with him?

August 2, 2013 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  2. ????

Filner
    Weiner
    Spitzer

The Democrats War On Women continues.

August 2, 2013 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  3. Data Driven

@Lynda,

Excellent question.

Unfortunately, recalls cost millions, millions my town doesn't have. This winter, I cordially invite you and everyone else in cold climes to visit warm and beautiful San Diego ... just don't bring your own car, because your axle with get bent out of alignment driving our potholed, rutted roads. I mean, seriously: it's like covered wagon times, these roads. We're also having a problem with water maintenance, so you'd better bring bottled water, too. Unless you like the taste of overly chlorinated water. Well, I suppose chlorine tastes better than the rocket fuel and effluvium from Mexico which it tries - hopefully - to clean.

A recall is a total luxury that this infrastructure-starved town can't afford.

August 2, 2013 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  4. Wake up People!

This is getting beyond ridiculous. He should be forced to resign. He is a predator and predators cannot be reformed. He's no better than a p&dophile. And no I don't believe this should fall on the city of SD. This guy is a menace to society and he should never have any power over anyone. It's just common sense. I can't believe he has the audacity to show his face in public.

August 2, 2013 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  5. Rudy NYC

I have an idea. Instead of calling a press conference to announce your charges, go to a police station, instead. Once he's arrested, and hopefully charged, then evicting from the mayor's office may go a lot smoother. I understand that it is a timely and costly process to do, under San Diego law.

August 2, 2013 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  6. Lynda/Minnesota

@Data

Understood and extended sympathy to your beautiful city.

And, oh, how I would love to visit warm and beautiful San Diego ... any time in between November through March. Sadly, our very own potholed, rutted roads allow only minimal travel within the confines of own my small community, covered wagon times indeed. One would think we could ALL be done with the hindrances of the good old days Wild West Sunday matinees, but alas, that is not to happen. Certainly not from here to there ... or anywhere, I suspect. Bottled watered? THAT my family and I do have an abundance of ... not rocket fuel or effluvium, mind you ... but pesticide and ground invading farm sewage runoff. Well, perhaps effluvium after all?

Should light rail ever make its way from Minneapolis to San Diego, I would be honored to visit your city. Until such time, I, too, am bound to my broken axles and my flat tires.

August 2, 2013 11:07 am at 11:07 am |