August 4th, 2013
1 year ago

Intercepted al Qaeda message led to shuttering embassies, consulates

(CNN) – An intercepted message among senior al Qaeda operatives in the last several days raised alarm bells that led to the closing of embassies and consulates Sunday across the Middle East and North Africa, CNN has learned.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Al Qaeda • Terrorism
  1. SSReaney

"CNN has agreed to a request from an Obama administration official not to publish or broadcast additional details because of the sensitivity of the information."

Now why would CNN make such a statement unless it had obtained has a copy of the information?

August 4, 2013 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  2. Rick McDaniel

Actually.......I think this is a manufactured event, by the government, to justify the rampant spying on all Americans.

August 4, 2013 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  3. elucidated1

Huh? I thought we were told to hate the NSA and the Patriot Act. But now it's working?!

August 4, 2013 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  4. BK

How very convenient to release this information now. I seriously doubt there was any threat, and if there was it would still be less of a threat to us than our own government.

August 4, 2013 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  5. Evergreen

I would guess that the vast majority of NSA employees are patroitic hard working Americans who only care about keeping the US safe. If they happen to pick up my conversations about the last family gossip or my lastest aches and pains, I am ok with that.

August 4, 2013 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  6. Gurgyl

CNN is stupid not to publish comments. Stop all Muslims from entering into USA and watch Europe, Mexico, Canada flights too.

August 4, 2013 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  7. MaryM

And what would all you naysayers be saying if the U.S. said or did nothing and the embassies were attacked

August 4, 2013 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  8. Wes

What, did somebody make another video?

August 4, 2013 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  9. Len

Rick,

I am sure you would be the first to blame President Obama if something does happen! Unreal!!!

August 5, 2013 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  10. California

Maybe it would be a good idea to stop financially supporting them like we did in Libya.

August 5, 2013 12:18 am at 12:18 am |