August 9th, 2013
  1. KeninTexas

This is one thing I can agree with President Obama. Snowden is no patriot.

August 9, 2013 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  2. wrm

What a lot of predictable bla bla bla.

August 9, 2013 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  3. winchester74

"When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are ruled by criminals."

August 9, 2013 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  4. sundara0000

Famous last words..." Trust me!"

August 9, 2013 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  5. NameLindaHardge

The American people will not get the importance of surveillance until terriosts attack us again on American soil. What will they say then? The NSA program has protected us since the 911 attack. Come on people, get your head out of the sand. I doubt if the government wants to listen to our mudane conversations that are filled with low level gossip.

August 9, 2013 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  6. esu589

Obama saying someone is not a patriot. Guess he knows all about that

August 9, 2013 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  7. Otis

"Snowden is no patriot?" Ha! Like you are O'bama? I'm sure Snowden's vital records aren't sealed where he can't be vetted.

August 9, 2013 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  8. John

If the government changes what they are doing...because of Edward Snowden, then:
    1. he was right
    2. he's a patriot for caring enough about his country to improve what it's doing
    3. The government should stop vilifying him and
    4. The government should pardon him immediately.

It's no different from Hackers being the best people to design systems security, people who are willing to take a bullet to do the right thing, should be more comprehensively engaged to help ensure we continue to do the right thing.

August 9, 2013 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  9. fsjunkie

Snowden is no patriot. Snowden is a nation-less coward, and now a puppet for Putin. It's just sickening that being a conservative in America means that you think KGB Cold War Putin is the good guy and the President of the United States is the enemy.

August 9, 2013 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  10. DickPerry

And with that comment specific to Snowden, Obama just made sure that Snowden can't get a fair trial in USA.

August 9, 2013 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  11. rosaadriana

I have to agree "the idea that you would shut down the government unless you can keep 30 million people from getting health care is a bad idea."

August 9, 2013 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  12. NOPhah Kingweigh

Backpack. Pressure cooker.

There, now I've guaranteed myself a visit from the NSA or one of their stooge agencies.

August 9, 2013 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  13. drakon33

Snowden is a double govt agent and a govt fraud, like Obama the magic neggro

August 9, 2013 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  14. George

And the US Goverment spying on its people its what ?

August 9, 2013 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  15. Joe in Kalispell

Snowden is a true Patriot! We never, ever would have learned about the snooping and loopholes without him. We would never, ever had the public disclosures we are now getting. We never, ever would have had the President and Congressmen publically lie to us that they are going to put restricts on the NSA

August 9, 2013 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  16. bankrupt1

i wouldn't waste my time with republicans myself. that said, i don't think this is much of a national health plan either.

August 9, 2013 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  17. Duke Allen Spencer

I'll tell you this... Being a patriot isn't spying on Americans, and corporations going into prospects personal lives, drug testing them, and going on social sites, and spying on them there as well! Government needs to stop acting like the KGB, and quit spying on Americans, and corporations need to stay out of their workers personal lives! When I'm on my own time, it is none of their business what I do! I want my freedom back!

August 9, 2013 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  18. mark

The guy acting as President isn't President

August 9, 2013 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  19. bankrupt1

have fun in MV. nantucket has the best gumbo i've ever eaten in my life.

August 9, 2013 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  20. Michael Maxson

I wonder if these "group of outside experts" that the President is going to get to evaluate our surveillance and security are going to be from China or Saudi Arabia? Perhaps the European Union? India?
    The real problem with this administration is that they're more interested in creating jobs for illegal aliens and foreign nationals than the American People they were elected to serve. I wonder how many Average American yearly salaries are going to be spent on the President's vacation in Martha's Vineyard. You'd think being next to Chappaquiddick politicians would avoid that place like the pelage.

August 9, 2013 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  21. craig

Snowden is a patriot, obama is a traitor to this country (as with bush and clinton).

August 9, 2013 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  22. Shmark

What we need is for better laws preventing companies from sharing my information on the internet. Why should someone have the right to find where I live and get my personal history? Even the Whitepages should be banned. I also don't like junk mail or spam.

As far as government listening to my phone calls, that doesn't bother me because I haven't done anything illegal.

August 9, 2013 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  23. JND

After Snowden is drone striked, he should be pickled and strung up on the Washington Monument.

August 9, 2013 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  24. ArizonaYank

He wouldn't know a patriot if he fell over one. A toxic, racist, liar. The man is a total disgrace to America. ...

August 9, 2013 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  25. Roberts

Mr. Obama, YOU are no patriot.

August 9, 2013 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |