August 19th, 2013
11 months ago

Crossfire Classic: Quayle on Gorbachev in 1988

As we count down to the re-launch of CNN's Crossfire, our new hosts are sharing classic moments from the program's 23-year history. Today, S.E. Cupp takes us back to early 1988, when a little-known Senator questioned President Ronald Reagan's judgment.

Crossfire returns to CNN on September 16, airing weekdays at 6:30 p.m. ET.

Filed under: Crossfire
  1. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

More right leaning programming huh CNN.

August 19, 2013 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  2. O'drama ya Mama

Is Reince Priebus complaining to CNN about all the Republican glorification that is going to take place during this show or is it only a problem when they broadcast a show on Hillary?

August 19, 2013 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  3. Rudy NYC

I think that someone would prefer to see the Ticker regulars on the Crossfire blog pages.

August 19, 2013 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  4. Thomas

S.E. Cupp is a game show host , not a journalist.

CNN , wagging tail

August 19, 2013 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  5. Richard Long

Crossfire Classic... Because CNN can no longer prop up Obama's criminal behavior and lies.

August 19, 2013 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  6. Data Driven

I think you're right, Rudy. Clicking here sends one to the Crossfire page and I, at least, have to Back the browser to get back to the Ticker.

I'm not sure how this show is filling a need. Ideologically opposed pundits yell at each on cable news all day and night, and this show seems to be more of the same. Someone let me know if it's structured differently. Oh well, at least Cupp and Cutter are somewhat easier on the eyes than old Buchanan and Kinsley used to be ...

August 19, 2013 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  7. Rudy NYC

Data Driven

-------------–
    I wouldn't mind the switch. The back and forth bickering on The TIcker just might be more appropriate here. Who knows, the moderators just might allow stronger opinions to be expressed, provided they are delivered with some manners. I'm sick of seeing some of my most biting retorts pulled. Some of mine have been so sharp that the post I was replying to was pulled, too.

"Crossfire" is, or was, one the most successful and longest running shows in CNN history. Forget why they cancled it. Good to have it back in some form.

August 19, 2013 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  8. Lynda/Minnesota

just saying
    Lynda/Minnesota
    There sure has been a great many Chris Christie "is the man" articles on CNN recently. One wonders why. From what I understand, there are 50 governors governing within the United States of America ... the majority of whom never make ticker headlines yearly, let alone daily.

yes, how dare cnn actually cover somebody that people are interested in when the person is a republican. don't they know that the cnn ticker is reserved for positive coverage of democrats only?
    -------------

I have no idea what your problem with my comment is. Your ramblings remind me of "truth and nothing but the truth" . One never knew what he/she was rambling on and on about either. Or cared to know for that matter.

I simply wonder why the ticker doesn't spend more time covering ALL governors be they on one side of the aisle or the other.

August 19, 2013 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |