The ultimate excuse note: From the president
September 20th, 2013
1 year ago

The ultimate excuse note: From the president

Washington (CNN) - President Barack Obama's signature carries a lot of weight. It authorizes military action, compels leaders and can spend billions of dollars with a brush stroke. But it can also get little girls out of school.

Obama this week authorized 5 year-old Alanah Poullard to miss class, writing her a school excuse note, according to a tweet Thursday night from White House photographer Pete Souza.

It's unclear exactly what Obama wrote on the note.

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Wake up People!

I wonder if one of those notes will work on in-laws..... Just wondering.....
    -------------------------------------------------
    LOL!!
    Just say "No!!" Wake up! Just say "No"!
    I sympathize with your plight though. Those compulsory visits to the in-laws can be murderous....or result in murder!

September 20, 2013 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  2. Lynda/Minnesota

"Poullard is the daughter of a wounded warrior who was visiting the president, Souza wrote."

Just thought I'd put this out there.

September 20, 2013 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  3. Wake up People!

LOL Dominican Mama!! One can only be sick so many times!!

September 20, 2013 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  4. HenryMiller

Obama is good at making up excuses.

September 20, 2013 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  5. Lynda/Minnesota

Dominican mama 4 Obama
    Thank you CNN for putting a smile on my face.
    Anybody else remember that picture of the President letting the little Black boy touch his hair to assure him that it felt the same as his own?
    ------------

Indeed I do remember that picture. It is one of my all time favorite presidential pictures. I also get teary eyed thinking about the picture of the two little girls from Sandy Hook dressed in their princess dresses sitting on our President's knee. I believe their dresses were pink. This lovely little girl in her blue princess dress will make me smile all weekend long. Look at her little hands and her look of pride as she awaits her own special note from the President of the United States of America.

September 20, 2013 11:55 am at 11:55 am |