September 24th, 2013
11 months ago

Cruz: Speech to last until I can't stand

Dana Bash reports on Sen. Ted Cruz's Senate floor speech and why he says it will last until he "can no longer stand."

Filed under: Ted Cruz
  1. A True Conservative

You have the support of many Americans Senator!

September 25, 2013 07:32 am at 7:32 am |
  2. Name jk. Sfl. GOP conservatives,the garbage of America.

The Harvard grad Cruz just shows that you can graduate from there and still be an idiot!!!!

September 25, 2013 07:46 am at 7:46 am |
  3. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

What the heck is this fool talking about. He's reading Dr. Seuss books on the Senate floor. Really?

September 25, 2013 08:06 am at 8:06 am |
  4. Malory Archer

A True Conservative

You have the support of many Americans Senator!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Perhaps, but not most Americans. In fact, even rupert murdoch's wall street journal is trashing him for filibustering his party's own bill.

September 25, 2013 08:25 am at 8:25 am |
  5. The Real Tom Paine

Consider 2 things: one, we get another chance to see a classic filibuster in action, which means he can read from Dr. Seuss or anything he chooses. Second, its probably the first time many of his supporters have heard the story, so maybe some of them will finally go out and learn to read.

September 25, 2013 08:26 am at 8:26 am |
  6. Wake up People!

Awesome comments Chris. I concur completely. The only thing we can do is write our Congresspeople. Not that they will listen.

September 25, 2013 08:31 am at 8:31 am |
  7. Rudy NYC

I saw the highlight of his tantrum, "Greeen Eggs and Ham." What a waste of valuable time and money Ted Cruz's "fauxlibuster" has been. For one who complains so loudly about government waste, he has fully revealed himself as a complete waste of a paycheck. Ted Cruz is not trying to legislate anything. His only goal is to keep his name in the news, make people conform to his unique way of how everyone should live, and run for POTUS in 2016 so that he can rule over the all of us. No, thanks. He's so bad that he's turned most Republicans in Congress against him, particularly in the Senate.

September 25, 2013 08:38 am at 8:38 am |
  8. Fair is Fair

Name jk. Sfl. GOP conservatives,the garbage of America.

---------
    Yeah... I can think of another Harvard grad that fits the bill even better.

September 25, 2013 08:39 am at 8:39 am |
  9. Anonymous

I do not like Ted the ham.
    I do not like him here.
    I do not like him there.
    I do not like him anywhere.

September 25, 2013 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  10. Wake up People!

I guess these stunts will land these idiots (Cruz and Paul) the GOP nomination for 2016. Or at least I hope so. That would be the end of them!!

What exactly does this moron expect to accomplish?

September 25, 2013 08:49 am at 8:49 am |
  11. ST

There are many different ways for someone making his name. Others do it by being: liars, thieves, quitters, womanisers, etc. etc. Ted Cruz is trying to make his name by playing with how people think. I wasted about 10 minutes of my time last night listening to him a little bit. I didn't find anything he said which impressed me or I can buy. The man is a fraud, arrogant and what he is doing is to buy time and be recognised for nothing.

September 25, 2013 08:53 am at 8:53 am |