What the terror raids say about an 'Obama Doctrine'
October 7th, 2013
10 months ago

What the terror raids say about an 'Obama Doctrine'

(CNN) - U.S. raids in pursuit of two terrorists over the weekend threw a question surrounding President Obama into the spotlight: Does he have a guiding doctrine for foreign policy?

The operations in Somalia and Libya, only one of which went as planned, come after the Obama administration silenced its drumbeat toward a possible military attack on Syria.

FULL STORY

Filed under: President Obama • Terrorism
  1. Rudy NYC

The "Obama Doctrine"? If you insist, then it's "look before you leap."

October 7, 2013 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  2. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Yure either fur us or agin us, mission accomplished, heh, heh, heh.

October 7, 2013 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  3. sonny chapman

Shows he still believes large military operations in the Mid East are counterproductive & too costly. Only break that glass if absolutely necessary. Like when Saddam Hussein has a large standing army in Kuwait & is poised to go into Saudi Arabia & thus controlling 40% of the World's Oil Reserves.

October 7, 2013 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  4. orrball

what about Bengasi why are we not getting those guys

October 7, 2013 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  5. Silence DoGood

I have generally agreed with Obama. The pursuit of terrorists is where he is the least progressive and farthest from his liberal promises. In Pakistan he killed 1000 innocents in "pursuit" of a handful of terrorists. We were told there were NO innocent deaths at first. I wonder what the true story is here? I know I know Bush did this and that, but I thought Obama would be different.

October 7, 2013 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  6. The Real Tom Paine

-Silence DoGood

***********************
    Being commander-in-chief has nothing to do with ideology. His job is to keep us safe by whatver means he/she deems necessary, and that does not mean sitting around a campfire holding hands with your enemies singing songs of peace and love. Al Queda, the Taliban and others have no qualms about killing us, so we need to respond in kind. Its a kind of conflict unlike any we have ever been involved with, and it requires methods that we are not used to employing. The alternative, however, is far worse. I, for one, am glad he's doing this.

October 7, 2013 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  7. CB FL

I think he believes is walk lightly and carry a big stick.

October 7, 2013 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  8. Winston Smith

If this were a Shrub making the raids, it'd be just ducky. It took a Shrub, to start two wars, and place them on a credit card. That's why we've got the mess we've got today.

October 7, 2013 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  9. rs

Perhaps it is time for the Obama Doctrine to get used domestically- say, against the House Republicans?

October 7, 2013 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  10. Silence DoGood

The Real Tom Paine
    -Silence DoGood

***********************
    ************************************
    I hear you but I think you may have missed the campaign for the presidency. One of the overriding themes was that the terrorist threat was largely driven by the cowboy in the whitehouse, and his warring ways. He was going to make the World love the USA. He didn't. No one outside of the US really believed that Obama was going make that much of a change in terrorist threats, and Obama bombing innocent people and lying about it really made it worse. Being CIC has a lot to do with ideology and Bush's ideology got us into trouble. The difference is this: if Obama came clean we could judge for ourselves. Say "we are drone bombing a 1000 innocent people to get some terrorists" and see what America says. Polling stopped him from bombing Syria.

October 7, 2013 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  11. Scott

I read Amber Alert is cancelled. Is Obamacare cancelled, there are no reports of anybody buying insurance at any exchange.

October 7, 2013 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  12. just asking

the seals retreated after coming under fire. they were supposed to capture the guy. after they retreated why didn't they call in the drones and finish him off then? if he was there and they were serious they would have fired a few hellfire missile suppositories as a going away present.

October 7, 2013 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  13. boungiorno

It says that people have lost the right to feel human

October 7, 2013 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |