Nurses, other non-physicians can perform abortions in California
October 10th, 2013
12 months ago

Nurses, other non-physicians can perform abortions in California

CNN) - As more states pass measures tightening abortion laws, California is making abortions more accessible.

Nurse practitioners, certified nurse-midwives and physicians' assistants who complete specified training are now able to perform abortions in California. Gov. Jerry Brown signed the measure into law Wednesday.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Abortion • California
  1. Phyllis Gwendoline Williams

Exodus 20: 2,13 "I AM THE LORD THY GOD...thou shalt not KILL"++

October 10, 2013 08:07 am at 8:07 am |
  2. smith

hmm, yeah. Who cares? Cal. is nothing but a train wreck. One state I will never visit again.

October 10, 2013 08:25 am at 8:25 am |
  3. Gurgyl

USA, you better give autonomy to PAs, NPs. These guys are wonderful doctors. My best doctor is PA. So that Hospitals will not cry nor hire cheap "FOREIGN DOCTORS" mess with our IMMIGRATIN and our benefits such as Medicare, SS. God bless

October 10, 2013 08:30 am at 8:30 am |
  4. Rudy NYC

This is too far to the left for me. It sounds too risky. It's almost the equivalent of saying that anyone with a nursing license can perform oral and dental surgical procedures. Doesn't that cross the risk factor line for you? It does for me.

October 10, 2013 08:49 am at 8:49 am |
  5. Larry in Houston

this country would have never got to that point, IF birth control / the morning after pill, and a whole host of other birth control measures would have been available, and should have been passed into law years ago, in addition it should be available to every school in this country, from 7th grade up...

The reason I say this, is because I personally know people that have 7th & 8th graders, (their kids) that are sexually active, and the parents simply cannot be with them, everytime their kids go to a Mall / movie / out with their friends for a few hours in the evenings, & etc.

I'm totally against abortions, but on the other hand, it should be up to the Mother to choose. (Why don't we let God take care of that Issue, for a change) ( instead of trying to do God's work)

CNN, if you print this, I know I'm going to get a lot of Flak over this, especially from the right, on these boards.
    (I've got broad shoulders)

October 10, 2013 09:11 am at 9:11 am |