October 11th, 2013
11 months ago

Perkins: Cruz is de facto leader of Republican Party

Washington (CNN) – As trench warfare over the government shutdown drags into its eleventh day, a number of Republicans with visible roles in the stalemate, including Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, will take a breather from Capitol Hill on Friday to speak at the Values Voter Summit, one of the conservative movement's marquee annual events.

Pretty much everyone in official Washington, including President Barack Obama, is taking a beating in public opinion polls over the shutdown. Republicans, however, continue to shoulder most of the blame.

FULL STORY

Filed under: GOP • Ted Cruz • Tony Perkins • Values Voter Summit
  1. Wake up People!

Looks like I'm not allowed to say anything about Randy...... I've been zapped twice this morning.

October 11, 2013 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  2. Ol' Yeller

"He may have fooled the people in Texas but, he can not win a National election."
    The fact Mr. Cruz was elected to the Senate from TX, certainly says a lot about the ability to fool the people of TX. As pointed out by many others on here, Cruz is the master of putting on the hangdog face of a petulant child told 'no' by the adults, but I would think any reasonable halfway informed person would recognize him for what he is... which is a liar, a manipulator, and a fearmonger. I'm glad this tea party bunch didn't infiltrate my party and destroy it, as cruz is doing to the republicans, but I must say it couldn't happen to a better bunch.

October 11, 2013 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  3. Marie MD

The Canadian is not a de facto of anything.
    Stop giving this foreign terrorist time.
    The only ones taking a beat down over the sequester, shutdown and debt ceiling are the teatards who have less percentage approval than the repugs.

October 11, 2013 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  4. Rudy NYC

Wake up People! posted:

---------------------–
    They let that through. What does that tell you?

October 11, 2013 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  5. cumulus

Yes I have to play nice or nothing gets posted, losers want yo control it all. Yet to see this land appeal to an informed voter, still amazed at how some get elected, any extreme position will nr embraced by s small group,, but wow this guy Is bad for all parties

October 11, 2013 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  6. Thomas

Rick Perry . Ted Cruz , Louie Gohmert , Tom DeLay ,

We must Destroy America to Save Her , Remember the Alamo !

October 11, 2013 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |