Biden, McDonough greet returning federal workers
October 17th, 2013
9 months ago

Biden, McDonough greet returning federal workers

White House (CNN) – Vice President Joe Biden and White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough welcomed federal workers returning to their jobs Thursday morning following the 16-day partial government shutdown

"It's really good to have everybody back to work," McDonough said after shaking hands with a steady stream of employees walking through the gates that lead to the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.

Biden greeted workers at the headquarters of the Environmental Protection Agency.

"I am happy it's ended. It was unnecessary to begin with. I'm happy it's ended," the Vice President told a reporter after delivering coffee cakes to workers at the building security desk.

Biden added there are "no guarantees" the nation will be able to avoid another government shutdown. The continuing resolution that reopened the government expires on January 15.

Filed under: Denis McDonough • Government Shutdown • Joe Biden • White House
  1. cumulus

I believe there is an opening in the stenography department. Wow, a regrettable moment I'm sure.

October 17, 2013 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  2. Sniffit

I wish Joe would come greet me on my way to work haha...

October 17, 2013 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  3. Sniffit

The Muffin Man is seated at the table in the laboratory of the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen.....

October 17, 2013 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  4. A Kickin' Donkey

If you are a government worker, the GOP repeatedly says you are lazy, and a drag on the country. Yet they are always talking about how much they think of veterans & the military. Pssst, Republicans 25% of government workers are military veterans. If you work for the government and you vote for the GOP, you need your head examined.

October 17, 2013 10:58 am at 10:58 am |