What did GOP win on Obamacare? Not much
Obamacare applicants will face tougher income verification standards under debt ceiling deal.
October 17th, 2013
1 year ago

What did GOP win on Obamacare? Not much

New York (CNNMoney) - After taking the country to the edge of default, Republicans won virtually no concessions on the law they hate most: Obamacare.

Concerned that Affordable Care Act enrollees will scam the system to get federal subsidies to pay for insurance, the GOP demanded tighter income verification procedures for applicants.

FULL STORY
  1. Gurgyl

Goo for the nation. Also tighten on doctors/hospitals denying patients too. Use PAs, NPs for cost cutting–nothing happens.

October 17, 2013 07:48 am at 7:48 am |
  2. Rick McDaniel

Nothing. Obama has absolutely become a dictator in America.

October 17, 2013 07:52 am at 7:52 am |
  3. Rudy NYC

I cannot help but wonder how many people realize that the bill that was finally passed last night is legislatively identical to the one that's been sitting on Spkr. Boehner's desk since Sept. 30. I'm pretty sure that Tea Partier will deny the reality of it, but two bills are efffectively identical. Both are more or less clean bills that contain spending at sequester levels.

October 17, 2013 08:01 am at 8:01 am |
  4. Wake up People!

I thought it wasn't a game? Isn't that what Boehner said when the anonymous WH source supposedly overheard the POTUS saying, they were winning?? Ok I get it. The GOP is allowed to say they're winning but the dems can't. My bad.

October 17, 2013 08:19 am at 8:19 am |
  5. Dominican mama 4 Obama

the subsidies are based on the following year's income, and few people know exactly what they will earn in the future.

The rules, however, are pretty tight, experts say.
    -------------------------------------------------
    The GOP got nothing on Obamacare, even your article goes on to say that the rules for receiving subsidies were already pretty tight.
    While I did not object to the additional two reports that are being generated to verify income, it would appear that based on what was already being required of applicants, said reports were superfluous and more along the line of "you gotta give us something".

I thank Presidnt Obama for being the ONLY adult in the room and for finally realizing that the cray-crays are not there to negotiate, they are there to logjam and obstruct him and our government.
    I thank him also for keeping us appraised DAILY thus preventing the GOP lie, fear and misinformation machine from taking hold. He kept us sane and well-informed.
    And lastly I want to thank the GOPeeing Teatards for not only taking off their hoods, but also once and for all, without a doubt letting us know that they have no patriotism or love for this country.
    It will turn out to be an inconvenient truth for them in 2014 and 2016.

October 17, 2013 08:22 am at 8:22 am |
  6. What's in that tea anyway?

Yeah....Tea Trolls....quick go back to Faux and fools and get into that stupid bubble you guys operate in so well. The rest of america is moving forward. And by the way, I spoke to my son and he's ok with us passing the debt that you created under "lil dubya" on to him. As long as its a shared sacrafice, meaning the wealthy folks get a tax increase.

October 17, 2013 08:27 am at 8:27 am |
  7. bill

my obama care packet just came in the mail today. it came with a band aid, an obama hope and change bumper sticker, and a blame bush yard sign.

October 17, 2013 09:15 am at 9:15 am |