October 24th, 2013
10 months ago

What we learned – and didn't - from Obamacare website hearing

Washington (CNN) - The congressional hearing lasted for 4½ hours. Of the thousands of words spoken between what seemed like all 54 members on the House committee roster and four witnesses representing government contractors responsible for healthcare.gov, five things could be taken away.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Congress • Health care
  1. Sniffit

6. The GOP/Teatrolls have now resorted to the dirty trick of inaccurately trying to claim the website violates HIPAA.

The only useful point in this article was the 5th one. These imbeciles don't even understand the answers to the questions they're asking. More importantly, a significant majority of the public doesn't understand the answers either AND the GOP/Teatrolls will try to take advantage of that lack of understanding to scare and anger people.

October 24, 2013 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  2. rs

We learned the House GOP would much rather "investigate" a buggy web site, than say the seditious actions of those in their ranks who still voted to cause the United States of America to default on its full-faith and credit- likely sending the U.S. into recession. Oh, that and blowing $24 billion in the process.
    The House Gop: the un-Americans!

October 24, 2013 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  3. just saying

we learned that nothing happened, nobody did anything wrong, everything is just fine, all the problems are just made up, and that we have paid over 600 million tax dollars for a steaming pile of doog poop known as our future healthcare web site.

but don't worry, your future healthcare is in their hands as well so don't you all worry one little bit now ya hear? they have got it all under control. just stfu and bend over sweet cheeks cuz obamacare is ready to be implemented and you will learn to like it.

October 24, 2013 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  4. Gurgyl

What I learnt is these congress idiots are wasting tax payer money by those idiotic commissions, not fixing fixable technical glitch. Pathetic. Educate public first.

October 24, 2013 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  5. smith

rs-you didn`t need to apologize on the earlier thread. You speak your mind I respect that. My bad if I made you feel you needed to apologize.

October 24, 2013 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  6. Tampa Tim

First the GOP wants Obamacare repealed. They then shut down the government at a cost of $24 billion. Then they called for defunding ACA. Next they wanted it delayed. Now they are wondering why the website isn't perfect, and are wondering about the delay.

October 24, 2013 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  7. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Rich vs. Rich-er"

Mr. President. You almost did you best. Now we're spending millions to see who screwed you over. Since it seems so like micromanagement, with all due respect sir, you could of downloaded the trial version of "Dreamweaver" and did a better job yourself.

October 24, 2013 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  8. Tampa Tim

I will never believe that the GOP cares about 45 million uninsured.

October 24, 2013 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  9. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Rich vs. Rich-er"

Sniffit: Just so you know? HIPPA has nothing to do with how good or bad you think the GOP and/or the Tea Party is. OK? DONT BOTHER RESPONDING. I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR YOU.

October 24, 2013 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  10. just asking

Tampa Tim
    I will never believe that the GOP cares about 45 million uninsured.

it is a free country and they can get health insurance just like anybody else. why should the rest of us be forced to pay for their health insurance as well as ours? i'm already paying for their food and shleter and cell phones and disability, etc. do you mind if i can keep some of my money to take care of my family and kids?

many choose to not have it, as is their freedom to do. why do you feel the need to force them to do something against their will?

October 24, 2013 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  11. the hippies were right

Why is it all Obama haters on here seem to ignore the $24 billion wasted issue, but $600 million for healthcare reform is destroying the world?

October 24, 2013 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  12. Bill

I learned that the Republicans just as obsessed as ever. Too bad they can not put that kind of energy into governing. I guess they will continue their stupid, mindless games and obstruction. And never see the inside of the White House for another dozen years.

October 24, 2013 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  13. Sniffit

"HIPPA has nothing to do with how good or bad you think the GOP and/or the Tea Party is. OK?"

LOL. I don't even know what that means. You clearly didn't understand my comment. Time for me or not, I made time for you. /wink

October 24, 2013 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  14. vikingwoman

For many years Americans have demanded Universal Healthcare all other modern nations have! Here it is & not only have we, the actual people it pertains to been held hostage by an extreme faction of the goTp, but I think there may be some computer 'glitches' that are really viruses! The GOTP will stop at nothing to cause problems because they have a lot of blatant/buried problems taking orders from a Black man! I can't believe this is happening in the 21st century, but there it is & I can't turn a blind eye to it anymore! If congress had worked, even somewhat, w/this president we would be so much further in recovery from the last admin damage! I thinks we have 2 problems: the GOP refuse to own up to anything W & crew did wrong & the GOTP think they did right & that they are continuing that 'right'! So it truly is up to the citizens to state our case....at the voting booth!!

October 24, 2013 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  15. buongiorno

what i learned is that, Obama Care System, was outsourced and manufactured in CANADA! & it cost $600 Million to make. Also, it will take a hell of a long time to correct, because the individuals responsible for making it were not knowledgable in the Health Care Systems size of this capasity!

October 24, 2013 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  16. Ol' Yeller

j@ust sprayin
    ".... and that we have paid over 600 million tax dollars for a steaming pile of doog poop"

Hey, that's a pretty good deal. The republicants just spent 24 billion and we didn't get nothing.

October 24, 2013 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  17. buongiorno

what a mess and as they said you got what you voted for.

October 24, 2013 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  18. redhead in Toronto

Here's a thought, why not DEMAND your congressman do what you hired them to do. Their JOBS and see about helping the President keep the United States on the upward move, unless you want to go back in the toilet? Yes/No. Nov 2014, fire all Congress, especially the crazy TP's and start over with people who do love your country and are not trying to destroy it , it can't be that hard. You deserve Better than this.

October 24, 2013 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  19. rs

_____________
    JS- You do realize that the ACA website is just an online portal to insurance companies and policies right? The government doesn't provide healthcare beyond the VA.

October 24, 2013 11:40 pm at 11:40 pm |
  20. Hal

I received my insurance cancellation notice last month. I now have found out:

1) I can't keep my doctor
    2) I can't keep my policy
    3) My new premium is 35% greater than before
    4) My new doctor is 40 miles away
    5) The good news is my 56 year old wife now has maternity coverage.

Thanks for nothing.

October 24, 2013 11:45 pm at 11:45 pm |
  21. Thomas

What I learned it there is a dysfunctional age gap asking questions and giving answers .

A few kids with play station , twitter and Facebook experience and a few hackers currently doing time could have done a better job in less time for less cost. As for the comity asking rhetorical questions , most of them cant charge there own cell phones.

October 25, 2013 02:08 am at 2:08 am |
  22. Martina

Everything under Obama's leadership is a boondoggle , nothing works right , no accountability and this lack of civility is unbelievable , Presidency and White House has lost its decorum .
    This is the result of electing a community organizer with no executive experience , he is destroying the country from within.

October 25, 2013 03:01 am at 3:01 am |
  23. Marie MD

We learned nothing more than we have learned from any other "gate" case issa, the car thief, has presided over because there's nothing to see. Move along folks and let's fix the problem.
    Californians need to get rid of this guy. He's in it for the cameras.
    What we need to concentrate on is that most, if not all red states, are not doing right by their citizens. Medicaid is being denied through Obamacare for thousands but these fools keep voting for the same teaklan members who have very good medical insurance thanks to us the taxpayers.

October 25, 2013 06:45 am at 6:45 am |
  24. TONE

I think Senate Democrats should call an independent investigation to see if the GOP had anything to do with sabotaging the website.

October 25, 2013 07:46 am at 7:46 am |